New member from Canada 99 type R

cdn_R050

I was looking through eBay that same day those "Orange Tail Lights" as the seller described was close to ending in auction. I just couldn't take the risk so I let it slide even though my gut wanted me to buy them. Let us know if they're legitimate though, hope they are for ya!
They aren't the real deal. I contacted the seller who happened to be a cop. The lights were off an integra his son just bought, he made him remove them and put stock all red tail lights in.

The lights are the old school all clear kind that are super illegal, someone just painted them with transparent red paint, and did a bad job, and most likely faded to the orange color they are now.

I have lots of experience with the transparent paint I used to use it when I was a kid, I'm sure if I really wanted to I could make a set of edm tails, I would separate the lens from the housing like when I did my diy jdm tail lights, paint the inside and outside of the lens red to get the right shade.

The only thing I would need to do is figure out how to match the pink hue that the edm turn signals give when not in use, the old school clears are super clear, almost white, and anyone with a decent eye would notice something off about the tails when looking at them.

I'm sure if I painted the silver tail light housings just in the turn signal portion the right shade I could also emulate this "pink" look that the turn signals give off when not in use.

If anyone has a set of old school clears and wants to send em to me I'll give it a shot, the price of the old school clear tail lights is also rediculous so Im sure this will just be a diy project that I won't ever get to try, just wonder about.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk