New Motor Setup

B18TEG

BLACK DA
hey auss, dont use the block girdle, on your app, because of windage, it hinders the motor. i was reading it on h-t. they say using a bigger oil pan (as you are) is all you need and itl free up hp.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
hey auss, dont use the block girdle, on your app, because of windage, it hinders the motor. i was reading it on h-t. they say using a bigger oil pan (as you are) is all you need and itl free up hp.
So are you saying the benifit of it providing support to the mains is not worth it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Alright well I cancelled the order on the block girdle, i've been talking to some builders and they have all been saying it's completely uncessary so I start the build on Monday.:thumbs up

Disco

Sorry to hear about the job situation bro. Werent you a mechanic? Time to look into a county or city job, thats what my wife has and the insurance is great. we paid $300 for our baby to be born. Good luck.

Ohh yeah if your running S100 on your car what launch control are you using?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sorry to hear about the job situation bro. Werent you a mechanic? Time to look into a county or city job, thats what my wife has and the insurance is great. we paid $300 for our baby to be born. Good luck.

Ohh yeah if your running S100 on your car what launch control are you using?
Me a mechanic naw, I'm just working at my boss' shop for something to do, I like working on cars but I hate doing routine maintenace stuff. Like when he has a Porsche come in wanting some new pistons or something thats cool, but the other stuff I just do to keep busy. My wife and I were both in the Air Force, she was an officer I was enlisted. Right now I'm waiting on a job in AZ it's just in the meantime it kinda sucks.

Oh and the S100s don't have launch control so I won't be using any right now. But I also don't plan on doing alot of drag racing with it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well I finally got my motor on the stand, whew step one complete lol, it's just so hot out I hate working at the shop when it's this hot.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's ok we got insurance, I feel better now, it's hard getting insurance to cover you when you have a pre-existing condition such as a pregnancy.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
good luck bro, baby is just around the corner. can't wait to see how the build comes out.

and yeah, i've talked to a lot of experienced builders in my area, and they all agree that the girdle is unnecessary.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So since the ACL bearings I got didn't all work out properly, I had to order a new bearing for the 3rd main, i've been a little held up. Well I finally got the bearing in so I should be starting the assembly again. Things have been kinda slowed up a little, with my daughter being born and getting my tonsils removed, but things should move along quite nice once again now that I can focus on what needs to be done.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So i've been working on the block and everything was supposed to be right when it got back from golden eagle. Well i've been trying to get everything to fit right and the clearances keep coming out too tight. So I took it all down to the machine shop today and found out that my main journals are off a couple thousanths and my crank varies about 3 thousanths, also, the biggest thing is that the crower crank had larger journals then the stock crank so when we line honed it the first time we calculated the wrong measurements. Well now i'm having everything blueprinted and balanced and am making sure everything is within a tenth of a thousanth of each other. It should be done tommorow and maybe this weekend everything will finally start to go together correctly. Oh well, this is what happens when you want to play big, the farther away from stock you get the more you have to work.