Newbie in Md

97tegkid

First off i am not new to the honda game but this is my girls integra and tryin to learn as much as i can on them so i can fix it for her

First off i picked up a 97 4 Door Integra Ls
Its got a B16a in it. Thats exactly what the block reads. Havent pulled any head numbers or anything yet and have no clue how to check the transmission to see what it is

Its lowered but on what i do not know. Gonna be doing a full look over on sunday when im off

Couple qucik questions i wanna ask i will be searching on here to for the answers but figured cant hurt to ask

First when the car is at idle and A/c is on the idle jumps around alot basically the tach goes from right around 250 to 750 and dont stop unless u give it gas or turn off the a/c

Second someone removed power steering but only half way. The lines are still there just the bracket, pump, and reservoir. Looking to buy any of these parts if someone has them for sale.

I will post pictures tomorrow and continue my search for answers on these problems

phatintegra

Banned
The B16 is not the original motor.

As for the RPM jumping. Try to clean the IAC valve the screen could be full of debris. You can use brake cleaner to clean the screen.

97tegkid

Thanks i know thats not the stock motor. Its a Jdm B16 with head stamped PR3.

Im gonna give that a shot tomorrow hopefully that will help it out.

97tegkid

Well today i took off the iac valve and cleaned it. Car idled alot smoother and sounded better

I also decided to take a look at the plugs which were ok but the plug wires, dizzy cap, and rotor button were shit
Cap was cracked scuffed up and looked like someone dug at it with a screw or nail
The cap basically just looked really old and metal was rusted
Plugs wires to cap had corrosion all over them even broke the metal in the cap thy were so bad

So new plug wires, rotor, and dizzy cap idled great. Until you turn the a/c on now it just drops the car to about 250 rpms
if u turn the idle up itll do great at 750 but soon as a/cs off itll be at 1300 idle.
I dont know what the problem is but any help is wonderful

phatintegra

Banned
has it been changed spark plugs? since you already replace cap and plug wires.

phatintegra

Banned
Is the ECU is chipped and what ECU your running? I'm thinking this might be the cause of your RPM or it could be a vacuums leak...

Last edited:

97tegkid

Well im gonna be ordering a legit intake here in a few weeks and get rid of the junk ebay one but i dont know about the ecu.

I can take a look at it, i was told it was chipped but i do not know how to find out.

No vacuum leaks that i can hear but im going to double check