E36M3

Hey CI,

I'm buying a 1991 Integra RS for $2500. The chassis has 170k miles but the B20 engine only has 130k miles. It has the standard 5 speed, set of coilovers with shocks full threaded from function form, HID'S, B20 Engine, Intake, Stage 2 clutch, Slotted Rotors, Magnaflow Exhaust, GSR wheels, Carbon Fiber Hood.

This will be my first Integra. I don't know anything about these cars. I need your input/advise as to what do I need too look out for. The seller also said that there is no grind and pop outs.

Appreciate it!

R13

The other asshole
Welcome!

Sounds like it has potential

Obviously when buying a used car you wanna check for leaks, damage, Iffy mods, etc.

Got any pics of it?

R13

The other asshole
Looks decent, The hood looks like it's just been spray painted which means it probably isn't carbon fiber.

Not sure how I feel on the price.

E36M3

The seller is very firm on the price. He said he spent money on it by swapping a B20, new coilovers, etc. I thought the price is okay. Also, its already smogged and he has the certificate so piece of mind for me.

96LSteg

Jemel
Have you seen it in person? I would make sure that is a real CF hood and not a primed OEM hood because thats what it looks like. and I doubt that he has spent a lot of money on the swap. If he did its only because he didn't do it himself. a B20 isn't THAT expensive unless its a JDM B20 (B20B i think). Those coil overs probably costed more than the motor did...Just make sure you look over this car very thoroughly to make sure he is not ganking you

96LSteg

Jemel
And he is definitely lying when he says that the b20 is stronger than a b18 or b16. B20s have some of the weakest cylinder walls and if you plan on making high power with this motor, I would recommend putting new sleeve in it :)

E36M3

Have you seen it in person? I would make sure that is a real CF hood and not a primed OEM hood because thats what it looks like. and I doubt that he has spent a lot of money on the swap. If he did its only because he didn't do it himself. a B20 isn't THAT expensive unless its a JDM B20 (B20B i think). Those coil overs probably costed more than the motor did...Just make sure you look over this car very thoroughly to make sure he is not ganking you
I'm going to look at it later. He said that it's a JDM B20. How will I verify that it's indeed JDM motor?

E36M3

And he is definitely lying when he says that the b20 is stronger than a b18 or b16. B20s have some of the weakest cylinder walls and if you plan on making high power with this motor, I would recommend putting new sleeve in it :)
My plans right now are the preventatives --if I decide to buy it.

96LSteg

Jemel
the motor will be stamped B20B and the head will be stamped P8R (i think...you can google it to confirm).

E36M3

the motor will be stamped B20B and the head will be stamped P8R (i think...you can google it to confirm).
It's stamped B20B, but he is unsure of the head since it came with the motor. I asked him if he is running a stock ECU and he believe so and this is what they told him "leave everything from the LS and just change the engine cause some parts would not work with the ls, i mean the block is from a '98 so you can't just change everything, somethings will be compatible, somethings won't, somethings will even make it run rougher".

What would you do?

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
well an LS head (b18b1) is pretty much the same as the usdm b20 head. but the jdm head is P8R so if its not a JDM head then he needs to down the price for that right there