E36M3

well an LS head (b18b1) is pretty much the same as the usdm b20 head. but the jdm head is P8R so if its not a JDM head then he needs to down the price for that right there
I think what he's saying is that the head is also JDM because it came with the b20b block.

E36M3

Looks decent, The hood looks like it's just been spray painted which means it probably isn't carbon fiber.

Not sure how I feel on the price.
I asked him about it and he said that what you're seeing is the wrap for the cf hood when it arrived, so it's brand new.

96LSteg

Jemel
I think what he's saying is that the head is also JDM because it came with the b20b block.
that doesn't necessarily make the head a JDM head. Where did he get the motor from? Does he have paper work to prove its a FULL jdm motor?

96LSteg

Jemel
No an B18B1 and the B20 are pretty much the same motor. The only difference (that I know of) is that the B20 has an 84mm piston from the factory and the LS (b18b1) has an 81mm piston from the factory. The heads are the same (accept the JDM B20). I think the USDM b20 and LS heads are stamped P75. But its all the same for the head its the bottom ends that are different. When you go to look at this car I would ask a sh** ton of questions because this guy will say anything to get your $2500. You need to make sure the stuff he says is there is actually there. I would even go as far as taking a mechanic with you to check the car out (if you know one). You don't want to spend $2500 on this car and it not be what the guy says it is and when you go and try to contact him he falls off the face of the earth. Do a lot of reading on how to tell the difference between JDM B20s and USDM B20s so when you check it out you know how to tell. Find out what brand that CF hood is so you can find out if thats real or not. Ive never heard of a CF hood being wrapped in some kind of material that looks exactly like primer. Make sure you check the oil on the car. See if he has any paperwork on the maintenance on the car. Drive the car yourself so you can see how the transmission feels and how the motor runs, so that you know what it is you are buying.

E36M3

No an B18B1 and the B20 are pretty much the same motor. The only difference (that I know of) is that the B20 has an 84mm piston from the factory and the LS (b18b1) has an 81mm piston from the factory. The heads are the same (accept the JDM B20). I think the USDM b20 and LS heads are stamped P75. But its all the same for the head its the bottom ends that are different. When you go to look at this car I would ask a sh** ton of questions because this guy will say anything to get your $2500. You need to make sure the stuff he says is there is actually there. I would even go as far as taking a mechanic with you to check the car out (if you know one). You don't want to spend $2500 on this car and it not be what the guy says it is and when you go and try to contact him he falls off the face of the earth. Do a lot of reading on how to tell the difference between JDM B20s and USDM B20s so when you check it out you know how to tell. Find out what brand that CF hood is so you can find out if thats real or not. Ive never heard of a CF hood being wrapped in some kind of material that looks exactly like primer. Make sure you check the oil on the car. See if he has any paperwork on the maintenance on the car. Drive the car yourself so you can see how the transmission feels and how the motor runs, so that you know what it is you are buying.
Gotcha. Thanks.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Hey CI,

I'm buying a 1991 Integra RS for $2500. The chassis has 170k miles but the B20 engine only has 130k miles. It has the standard 5 speed, set of coilovers with shocks full threaded from function form, HID'S, B20 Engine, Intake, Stage 2 clutch, Slotted Rotors, Magnaflow Exhaust, GSR wheels, Carbon Fiber Hood.

This will be my first Integra. I don't know anything about these cars. I need your input/advise as to what do I need too look out for. The seller also said that there is no grind and pop outs.

Appreciate it!
From what you described from your other posts, You gotta buy LOW! 25 hundred for a 1991 Integ RS, I would first check the "KELLEY BLUE BOOK" pricewise...I just bought a 94 integ with a clean title for way under the BLUE BOOK value. The way it sounds, the seller is asking for his money back on parts. Look at it this way, You are actually buying the car parts, not the car. The guy is just looking to break even. In the car dealing game, there is a saying, Just because you put money into the car, doesn't mean you'll get it back. Honestly, if the seller won't budge from his asking price, WALK AWAY. What have you offered back? You said he got all the paperwork, The seller is SUPPOSED to have the paperwork ready to go. If you want this car, TRY and haggle for around 1500.

R13

The other asshole
96LSteg did all the work.

You should keep a look out for another teg tho, Maybe even a 3rd gen.

96LSteg

Jemel
96LSteg did all the work.

You should keep a look out for another teg tho, Maybe even a 3rd gen.
Just looking out so he doesn't get screwed over...2500 is a lot for a guy who doesn't even know what he has under his own hood