Nine78guy's QUICK Build Thread!!!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
THANKS :) THIS "QUICK" build is starting to turn into a long build :(
I don't think there's such a thing as a "quick" build. It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as the project is completed. What's your name BTW? I'm Matt. :hi:

nine78guy

I don't think there's such a thing as a "quick" build. It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as the project is completed. What's your name BTW? I'm Matt. :hi:
I'M SAI. AND YES, SINCE I PULLED THE HEAD TO SEE WHATS UP WITH THIS ENGINE AND NOW THAT I'VE DECIDED TO REBUILD IT, i'M PROBABLY GOING TO END UP REPAINTING THE WHOLE CAR AFTER THE REAR QUARTER IS FIXED. PROBABLY PICKING UP SOME COILOVERS FOR IT TOO SO I'LL SIT MORE PROPER. THEN AGAIN, I'm just trying to keep this car simple. its for the wifey, and if she doesn't want it
it'll either get parted out or sold as is but I'm definately not trying to go cheap on this side build.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yeah quick builds never stay that way.
Truth.

I'M SAI. AND YES, SINCE I PULLED THE HEAD TO SEE WHATS UP WITH THIS ENGINE AND NOW THAT I'VE DECIDED TO REBUILD IT, i'M PROBABLY GOING TO END UP REPAINTING THE WHOLE CAR AFTER THE REAR QUARTER IS FIXED. PROBABLY PICKING UP SOME COILOVERS FOR IT TOO SO I'LL SIT MORE PROPER. THEN AGAIN, I'm just trying to keep this car simple. its for the wifey, and if she doesn't want it
it'll either get parted out or sold as is but I'm definately not trying to go cheap on this side build.
Nice to meet you Sai. Ah I see. Planning to do just an OEM rebuild? Simple and clean is the way to go. Knowing that you're Kong's brother, I know you'll do an excellent job with the build. Good luck man.

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
! I remembered you from CLUBCIVIC! WELCOME BACK, bro!

nine78guy

UPDATE: 4/30

engine almost all together finally, just waiting on some gasket for the intake and exhaust, as for the body of the car, its still in the same condition as it was when i got it. lol, but i did manage to get a quarter panel for it,
and the paint has been bought. just waiting for the body work to be done.

FRESH gsr :)
all new main/rod bearings, cleaned up the head with new valve seals and cam seals. new oem timing
belt as well.

Last edited:

konerri

thanks matt and guys for the compliments. the valve cover is a real itr valve cover but the red wrinkle started to flake off so i redid it in white, its not a done deal yet. rear main seal, oil pickup tube gasket, and intake/exhaust gaskets should be here tueday. :)