Northwest Roll Call

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
OIC lol my bad.

When did you get into the scene? i just joined in Jan.
Lol All good. I got the Integra in April. It is my first Honda/Acura. I have always been into cars and trucks but I just recently came over to from the Euro scene.

Here is my old mk4

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Because race car.

The idea of a turbocharged 4 banger with awd makes me sweat. Just like an evo.

The Porsche 944 with the rwd 3.0 4 cylinder and rear mounted trans takes the cake though.

I'll have one some day.

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
No real reason for the switch. Was just bored with my VW and wanted something else. But yes the Integra is much easier to work on.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I feel you. I was in the IS300 world, until I got bored of it. now here I am

Here she was

Last edited:

SoundEfx

What do you mean easier to maintain? Change the oil and other fluids on time isn't difficult.

Now if you said that when something breaks, it's cheaper to fix on Japanese motors, then you have a point.

If you had said because parts are cheaper for a Japanese then yeh.

I am REALLY bored at work!!!

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Haha, imagine cramping a v8 into a vw or audi.

That's pretty much the basic concept of why they are so difficult to work on.

That's why their cars are designed to have the front bumper/rad support fully removable and to pass safety regulations shock absorbers are built into the front rad support and cars front frame forks.

I actually like it.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
You don't. You take it to the dealership for them to fix for you and charge an arm and a leg...that's the point. I HATE euro cars because of that. Don't get me wrong I'd love a turbo gti or audi a5 to drive around and play in, but I'd never own one.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Everything is timed independently, than the interlocking parks are then timed and chained to the crank.

An example is quad cams are chained to eachother, then the all the accessorys like fans and pumps are linked to eachother.

Then all components are chained to the crank.

This is an intricute setup to allow as minimal engine damage when the primary timing chain breaks. Also this keeps valve to engine timing absolutely perfect. High performance models like all cars run very tight and if something's slightly off will cause a lot of damage.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
What do you mean easier to maintain? Change the oil and other fluids on time isn't difficult.
o2 sensors are difficult to replace, There are a few, but I can only think of that for now. Sorry, need to rephrase my sentences better :oops:

Last edited: