Northwest Roll Call

dlo253

Been enjoyin the sunshine! No time for the internet, haha.
Man, all this time looking for coilovers you could be saving up for a nice new set! Lol.

SoundEfx

That's the thing, I can't concentrate on one thing with this car because who knows what other surprises it might have.
For instance,
1. The cheapest trailing arm I have found is $290 shipped.
2. I'm still fighting with Black Works concerning my NON WORKING LCA's. So who knows if I would have to end up getting a new set from a better company who's shyt actually work.
3. I have to get new wheel well linings.

So I'm spending money just to get the car looking good STOCK, therefore where I can save some loot, I would.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
That's the thing, I can't concentrate on one thing with this car because who knows what other surprises it might have.
For instance,
1. The cheapest trailing arm I have found is $290 shipped.
2. I'm still fighting with Black Works concerning my NON WORKING LCA's. So who knows if I would have to end up getting a new set from a better company who's shyt actually work.
3. I have to get new wheel well linings.

So I'm spending money just to get the car looking good STOCK, therefore where I can save some loot, I would.
Funny, I cant concentrate on one thing either. But Im trying to stay focus 8)

I been looking on craigslist and seen fender liners and integra partouts every where. Im sure you could find cheap trailling arms from those guys? I even seen a white integra with a 2000 front bumper with headlights. I txted the guy and he already sold the headlights :evil: Wonder if Skidmark got them?
Lynnwood pick n pull just picked up a 96 DC the other day. ;)

Sorry about the BW LCAs. Hopefully the company will get it worked out

dlo253

Yeah, there has got to be plenty of trailing arms around. check stock at yards, I rarely see tegs that dont still have them on.
What has Blackworks said so far about that situation? That's why I would only run oem with poly bushings, or Function7.
Fender liners, oemacuraparts.com or rock auto. Ebay also.
Wheel liners can wait. I wouldn't look for anything until I haf a good trailing arm and a set of LCAs. Stock ones shot?

SoundEfx

Yeh, most of my stock bushings are GONE!!!

Yo IS3, I am ripping into the 96 at the pick-n-pull as we speak, but get this. All four lugs on the wheel are locks...:cussing:
So if I am to get the trailing arm off, I have to dismantle everything from the back with the wheel still attached.
The hub bolt ( or what I think is the hub bolt ) was a BYTCH!!!!

SoundEfx

As far as BlackWorks go, I emailed them numerous pictures of what is happening, but no response as of yet.

TunerSports said that it should screw in from both sides. Do you know if that is even possible?
From my understanding, the only way to make that possible, is to flip the lca around and redrill the thread halfway.
But the bolt goes in more than half way down the threads, so I don't see this as being possible.

I even bought new bolts from the dealership to show that even with new everything, it still FAILS!!!!

SoundEfx

Seriously, how can you tell me that after seeing this, that these are not two right sided LCA's:

BRAND NEW Endlink bolts from the dealership:

TOP of the LCA's:

Are these really suppose to screw in from both sides?
Because even if they do, these DO NOT!!

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
WOW...major FAIL!!!

Yo IS3, I am ripping into the 96 at the pick-n-pull as we speak, but get this. All four lugs on the wheel are locks...:cussing:
When it rains, it pours over your head :(
As far as BlackWorks go, I emailed them numerous pictures of what is happening, but no response as of yet.

TunerSports said that it should screw in from both sides. Do you know if that is even possible?
From my understanding, the only way to make that possible, is to flip the lca around and redrill the thread halfway.
But the bolt goes in more than half way down the threads, so I don't see this as being possible.

I even bought new bolts from the dealership to show that even with new everything, it still FAILS!!!!
Let me understand this, the bolts should screw into the LCA's? Wouldnt it make more sense to have the bolt go through the LCA with a locking nut on the other side...bazzzzinga lol

dlo253

Is it not threaded in the 2nd half? That bolt should be able to thread in from either side. If they dont help you, I can cut the threads out and you can run a nut and bolt setup like other brands, and like what is3 said.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Dude, that's so fucked! My bwr LCAs do NOT thread from both sides. There's definitely a right and left one...

dlo253

Dude, that's so f***ed! My bwr LCAs do NOT thread from both sides. There's definitely a right and left one...
Really? Wow, what a stupid thing to do. They better make that s*** right then...
I would be callin those bastards daily until they helped me out, lol. That's why I try to stay away from all those companies.. BWR, blox, etc.
Unfortunately I had to get BWR radiator hoses, the Mishimoto ones were sold out. But they have held up well so far.

Last edited:

SoundEfx

I am learning everyday which company to deal with and who are simply jack azzes who don't care about the customer after the money transaction.

I know that people say customer service is bad with specific companies, but this is retarded. I am sending proof of a defective product and no one is willing to help.
They rather make up lies to deceive rather than say they messed up.

It screws in from both sides and the Made in USA has to show in the front of one of them is what I was told. IF this is true then these should work, but they DO NOT!!!!!! Now I am hearing that they don't screw in from both sides, so they are blatantly
trying to brush me off with lies. NICE!!!

Thanks DLO for the offer, but I should NOT have to alter a BRAND NEW LCA to 'work' with my car especially if it's advertised that it should.

It clearly states "BWLC-580 1990-2001 Acura Integra"

If it doesn't work properly for a particular car that they said it should work for, then that is a form of false advertisement.

Quoted from tuner sports:
With our in house engineers and CNC machines running constantly using the newest and latest software (master-cam) and (Solidworks) we can control all defects and quality before we release, BlackWorks can assure the customer a high quality parts with no issues.

Seriously, NO ISSUES... ok.

Another quote:
BlackWorks Offers a lifetime Warranty on our Lower Control Arms reason behind that we manufacture them not out source them. We know what goes into our products and stand behind them fully and 100%.

You stand behind them, but when a customer has proof that your product does NOT work as if should, the customer gets ignored.

If this is a game, let's play.