Official Auto Integra Squad 2012

Silver2

DB7 Driver
My automatic is showing its age and slips on forced downshifts like when I'm merging onto a freeway. If I drop it down to D3, it doesn't do it, so I just try and drive it carefully.
Still, I want it working properly. What are my options? Swapping in a a newer one, but from a what? Also, has anyone put a shift kit in one of these? I think I read that TransGo makes the best kits.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have always perferred automatics. Both hands always free and less to think about and I can enjoy the immense fun of driving teggie from point A to point B.

I'm not sure what a short ram is, but if it has to do with the intake, it should lower the power band a bit. With a long intake, when you are going fast and the intake air is moving at higher speed, you get a ram effect at those higher speeds while you may loose a little at lower speeds. Tuning is complicated and I may be wrong but I try.

94RS

No fucks given.
My automatic is showing its age and slips on forced downshifts like when I'm merging onto a freeway. If I drop it down to D3, it doesn't do it, so I just try and drive it carefully.
Still, I want it working properly. What are my options? Swapping in a a newer one, but from a what? Also, has anyone put a shift kit in one of these? I think I read that TransGo makes the best kits.

I have always perferred automatics. Both hands always free and less to think about and I can enjoy the immense fun of driving teggie from point A to point B.

I'm not sure what a short ram is, but if it has to do with the intake, it should lower the power band a bit. With a long intake, when you are going fast and the intake air is moving at higher speed, you get a ram effect at those higher speeds while you may loose a little at lower speeds. Tuning is complicated and I may be wrong but I try.
I've never read so much derpiness in one post.... "swap in a newer automatic, but from what?" Durrr, maybe from another Integra.

Also doesn't know what a short ram is and calls a cold air a "long intake." :lol: Just drive the car and leave mods alone.

SoundEfx

Oh Silver ....
You give me so much facepalm.

1. You could also rebuild the transmission.
2. If I am correct, the automatic shift kit is more for a racing automatic transmission and might be harsh for everyday driving.
3. Why the fuc are you talking about a cai and ram air speeds?

You better have your flame suite on...

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
You obviously never drive a standard car before...

Sended from my phone

Ganyon

Change the trans fluid and stop manually shifting the car.

osiris19

Shift kits make shifts harsher, because they're quicker. Have fun dailying that. I drove an automatic integra and two civics. Honda's slushboxes are about the most boring automatic transmission ever. I've driven hundreds of different cars of every make, and automatics just don't have the feel you get with a manual.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Silver2

DB7 Driver
Glad folks had fun with my post. I once owned a stick Mustang II. I was awful at stick shifting. A guy let me drive a '68 Road Runner 4 speed. I almost needed two feet to push the clutch pedal in. Now, my left knee doesn't work like it did a few decades ago ;)

$3500 for a performance auto tranny. I'd be smarter to buy a newer Teg.
http://www.importperformancetrans.com/catalog/honda-acura-complete-performance-transmission/honda--acura--4-speed-auto-performance-transmission-4248.html

So, I will take it to a shop and have the fluid changed and let them see if it needs anything else. Thanks.