Official DSLR Photography Thread

Ryan659

Cute pup Rach.

Leonard is a perfect name for a cat jbrown.

Went to the in-laws for Xmas and got picture crazy. Tried some new things to take pics of and it felt good to finally take some (sorry, no car pics....country living):

This guy was trying to impress the ladies :)

And tried out some black and white photos:

Thanks for the help Joe:

These are some nice ass rims:

treeafodo

Austin
You guys take some really nice shots! My parents got me a sweet bag for Christmas, so now that I can easily carry it around everywhere I'm hoping that I will improve a lot.

Btw, where do you guys learn how to use Photoshop and what pictures need based on what you like? I want to learn it.

jbrown97ls

I've learned through just looking at other peoples flickr accounts,and other various photography. Photoshop I just played around with and googled tutorials on what I wanted to accomplish.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
I don't really like to edit my pics too much. Mostly a bit of sharpening, lightening or darkening shadows, and color adjustments. It's mostly trial and error til you get to a point you're happy with.

On the last pic I posted I edited out some greasy hand prints that were on the front bumper after pulling the head, as well as filled in the holes where the front plate should be. To do that I zoomed in on the image, used the eye dropper tool and selected a point close to where the hole was, and used a small paintbrush to fill in the area. When you do that you'll want to switch in and out of the zoomed in image and the normal image to make sure the color looks good when you see it in normal view.

Original

Edited

whitedc4

Just downloaded Photoshop tonight thanks to joe showing my dumbass what was wrong with my method lol

Can't wait to try it out!

XjoEnX

Very nice photos everyone. Love the lens flare on that photo too Josh. Rachel you have hella dogs. lol