Official DSLR Photography Thread

whitedc4

ok so i TRIED on this one... this was like a 20 minute mess around with process..

honestly, whatcha think?
(i can handle negative critique, in fact i'd appreciate any type of critique)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Since you asked for an opinion.

It is boring, the picture has to be about the whole frame. I think the background is very distracting and doesn't fit with a car theme. I also don't like trendy crooked shots. The lighting is flat focused on the car so it is not bringing out any highlights.

I think with this angle it is like a person looking off, you have to think about where the car is looking.

I'm sorry if my comment bothers you, however when I ask for critique it is usually because I am unsatisfied with my photo, and it bothers me when I can't get someone else to recognize its flaws. Your exposure is accurate, and from what I have seen you have made big steps in a small time. If you are haven't already, many photography forums have weekly assignments that really help push creativity and seeing the light, joining and participating in them can be very helpful.

whitedc4

i do need to join one...
to be honest, i just felt lost when i was taking the photos..
i took several but the car just doest look well without a motor in the front so that's why i kind of went with the whole angle look.

i do appreciate every bit of critique. i was proud of the crispness of the photo and the fact that i was able to tone down the highlights from the car and lighten up the shadows from underneath. the before is way worse, trust me.

do you have a certain forum in particular that does the photo a week?

Ryan659

The rear end has too much shade. The car would look better if there wasn't such a drastic change in brightness/darkness.

treeafodo

Austin
It looks better than my shots, but I agree with the others. The back end is too dark, and I find myself looking at the houses in it.

whitedc4

I am curious on something, and I think I may have figured it out. If I use a lower aperture will the background be blurred more?