Official DSLR Photography Thread

dlo253

Size doesn't matter too much to me, it will probably rarely get used anyways honestly. Just want to be able to take high quality pics should the need ever arise. Been wanting to have some nice pictures of our 54 Chevy build, that's what made me start looking into them again. Suppose I should just go play with some and see what feel the best. My girlfriend borrowed a d5700 I believe a few years back from her photography class and that was pretty nice. Amazon has the d3300 with the 18-55 and 55-200 lens with carry case for about $650..

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
For the money it's a great camera, you get a 24Mp 35mm sensor for a little over a $1K. I think the E-mount is fantastic, the sensor to flange distance is so small I can use any lens I want with an adapter. I've been toying with it a little but so far the shots I get at 6400 are completely usable. The high iso is as good as the Nikon d800 I used for awhile. Mainly it's due to there not being a mirror box because of the EVF, so there's no vibration from that, and then you can have it set to electronic first curtain shutter, so the shutter only moves once and that reduces vibration even more. It really helps with noise and blur at slower shutter speeds.

However autofocus is slow even in bright light and awful in dim lighting. It has a slow frame rate so if you're trying to shoot sports or action forget it. And because it's full frame, if you want dedicated E-mount Sony lenses you're gonna pay the price. They don't make any low end lenses for it so they're about $1K and up.

R13

The other asshole
Dlo hit up Joe, he has/had a d7000 with a couple of lenses for $700.

That would be a great setup

jznsn2u

Super Charged S2000's in Hawaii.
Blue - Felipe Madamba
Red- Mikey

Super Charged 370Z - Andrew Linga.

After the Amuse Body kit install -

Annnddd thats me messing with the stock parts,

Last edited:

Ryan659

Pulled a rookie mistake tonight. Was trying to do star trails at f11..... Stupid stupid stupid :whip: :whip:

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I've been over exposing everything lately, Light meter used to seem accurate in my camera but I swear it's out to f*** me over lately, Maybe it's just because I haven't been shooting in a couple of months...

Ryan659

The light meter is touchy sometimes. Just use the first 5 or so shots fine tuning :lol:

Also, today some fucktard old man wouldn't get out of my shot for 20 minutes taking selfies of him and his wife and using a gopro to record water :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That moment when you didn't post a shot because out of all the ones you had you felt it was the least worthy... Then it gets featured on instagram. o_O

R13

The other asshole
It's just some random little canadian page.

Still interesting to wake up to... I'm just glad they gave us proper credit, free publicity. :lol: