Official DSLR Photography Thread

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
You'll love a prime lens dude. 1.8 opens up a lot of doors. Next you need a wide angle for star trails ;) you'd get some sick ass ones living out in BFE

Side note: picked up a new bag and extra battery. Now I can carry all my stuff and not leave my stock lens at home anymore.

SICK ryan!

im in the same boat...lol

i leave my 75-300 at home all the time and keep my 50mm and kit lens with me...sucks sometimes because there are times where i wish i had the room for it and i miss shots.:cry:

Ryan659

SICK ryan!

im in the same boat...lol

i leave my 75-300 at home all the time and keep my 50mm and kit lens with me...sucks sometimes because there are times where i wish i had the room for it and i miss shots.:cry:
thanks man, that's exactly why I did it. I always carried my prime lens and a wide angle but not my stock which is the only zoom capable one, even though the zoom is crap it'll still be nice to have on hand.

R13

The other asshole
Quality glass makes a biiiiiiig difference and in my research Canon's L glass seems to be the best way to go in all aspects. :)

Thanks to Aussie I also want an A7IIk now too, dammit. :lol:

But yeah, I waited almost a full year before deciding to buy the 50mm.

It's cheap (but still decent) and the 50 (or 75mm in this case) is better fitting to my style because I like cinematic zoom-y bokeh filled shots.

Ryan just reminded me, I still want the case logic sling bag.

I refuse to buy it though when half the time I won't even carry my strap with me. :lol:

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea just dragged the shutter and kept the strobe off his arm.

whitedc4

Looks like he did a damn good job staying as still as he looks with the rest of his body while doing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Thanks! The flash is on him so he's frozen no matter what the shutter speed. There's an ambient light on his arm to pick up the punching.

Ryan659

Doesn't joe have for sale? I saw it on his IG awhile ago.

The Nikon d3200 I use is good and won't break the bank. Or the cannon equivalent

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't really see what it matters. All cameras do the same thing. Some are better at high ISO, have better autofocus, and more Mp, but that's more dependent on the model than the brand, and you can take the same picture with almost every camera out there and have it look exactly the same. Canon makes nice stuff, but if you're gonna pixel peep than Nikon's lenses have a higher resolution, their best sensors also have better high ISO (except for Sony's latest sensors) Canon usually has really fast autofocus. Really everything changes every quarter so I would pick a camera based off of how you like the controls, and for size. I don't think most people want to lug around a D4 everyday no matter how awesome it is. I chose the A7 because of its size, but I didn't need fast autofocus, or a high frame rate.

If I was gonna recommend a camera for someone who want's something that has all the control of a dslr, fast autofocus, great lens selection, small, can take awesome pictures, and is easily to carry everywhere I'd recommend the new Sony a6000. I stand behind that there's nothing better for the money, and I'm not brand biased.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Good point :thumbs up

I find I tend to favor canon, Mostly for the L glass, but they also tend to feel better in my hands.

I very much want to look at the a7 before I make the switch though, They look really nice from briefly looking at them.