Official DSLR Photography Thread

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
Changing the ISO should have made a noticeable difference in the pic.
If you examine it closely, say 300%. ISO 400 isn't that high. I can't notice noise and I had to shoot at ISO 400 this weekend. I was surprised. I try to shoot at the lowest setting at all times.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I need to get the civic some decent pics, all the pics I have of it are from a kodak point and shoot.

db_r

!ocsic
The higher the ISO the noisier the picture. And if your ISO is high the lighting will increase.
Alright, thanks. So is noise bad ? Wouldn't I want the pictures clear, without noise ?

Changing the ISO should have made a noticeable difference in the pic.
I didn't notice much... but maybe because I was just looking at the small LCD?

Polarizer is used to eliminate reflections and boost blue. It works best when you're perpendicular to the sun. I had one, never used, and don't get the fuss. It works but not worth the $100 for a decent filter.

Tiffen makes sets of filters.

I paid $25 for the sunpak polarizer.. I'm thinking about going back and getting the UV.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Alright, thanks. So is noise bad ? Wouldn't I want the pictures clear, without noise ?
You don't want noise. It creates grain in your pictures thus ruining quality. I use 200 ISO + if I really have to.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I just bought a Sony alpha a300k...gets here tomorrow. i cant wait to start playing with it...so tired of point and shoot even though mine had manual settings. still not the same.

all the pics in here look awesome!