Official DSLR Photography Thread

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
True. Being a photographer and having to submit portfolios and all of that good stuff, I know showing 8 instead of 1 makes you look desperate more than anything else. And like I said, it draws attention away from the best photo in the bunch.
Well, I'm no professional photographer. :D

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Well I got my polarizer, now I just need a day to take some pics. If my pic isnt up to par it gets deleted. Also wont take more then a couple pics of the same place, makes the spot less unique.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Well I got my polarizer, now I just need a day to take some pics. If my pic isnt up to par it gets deleted. Also wont take more then a couple pics of the same place, makes the spot less unique.
I know what you mean about the "up to par" thing. I kinda find it better to shoot the subject till I cant' take it anyore. I'll hit something and be happy with it but in the back of my mind I know chances are something else might come along....better angle, lighting, random act of god or something....and I'll get another great shot in.

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
I know what you mean about the "up to par" thing. I kinda find it better to shoot the subject till I cant' take it anyore. I'll hit something and be happy with it but in the back of my mind I know chances are something else might come along....better angle, lighting, random act of god or something....and I'll get another great shot in.
That's true. Take lots of pictures of the same subject. I took maybe 50 photos of my car in one position. I picked the two I like best and uploaded them.
It's better to have 100 to choose from than 2.
My suggestion, shoot very early in the morning or later in the day. The lighting is very bland in the middle of the afternoon. I like to shoot an hour or two before sunset. The sky really goes blue and the colors really pop. I sis not play with the color, brightness, or anything to this photograph. I blurred the license and uploaded it. The lens had no filters, I didn't use any fancy tricks. I shot 45 minutes before sunset.

bryphotoguy

Noob- Be Gentle
I got a D300 and a couple lenses for the weekend and I am installing a new stereo so expect some new pics tomorrow evening.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Hey guys! Haven't been around in a while. Here are some pretty decent shots.

4. Gay quote sweet ass picture.

Goodmayn

Old pictures... taken in Mississippi. They're not the best, but they were all I could salvage off a hard drive that crashed.