Oil In Coolant.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
here you guys go ^^^^^ Pictures

Well it definitely looks like your mixing oil and coolant. So you must have a leak in the headgasket somewhere.

You can:

A) deal with it until it gets too bad
B) try some Bar's leaks or similar, I've had great results with that for little leaks like this
C) replace your headgasket.

Excitable Kid

I do have an autobox but my Rad is brand new. 1yr old to be exact. that fairly new to me since the last rad was OEM and was the orginal.
For mines, it was ATF(Auto tranny fluid) leaking into the cooling system. I fixed it by replacing the rad. Check your transmission cooling lines. Mine was clogged up with filth. Replaced that too. No more ATF in the cooling system. I fixed it thanks to coy. I hope you find a solution for yours.

96LSteg

Jemel
I think thats build up from the coolant system repair crap you used. You should clean out the over flow and try and flush that crap out of your coolant system. If you are not having any cooling issues then your cooling system is obviously fine. Lesson learned dont use that repair shit! :lol:

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I think thats build up from the coolant system repair crap you used. You should clean out the over flow and try and flush that crap out of your coolant system. If you are not having any cooling issues then your cooling system is obviously fine. Lesson learned dont use that repair s***! :lol:
I've had luck with some, but the ones are I used are not cheap.

It's like $60 a bottle and requires zero coolant in the cooling system.

I believe they can cause damage to an extreme amount if used wrong as well.

VroomVroom

My buddy has the same problem right now. Were going to run test to determine what the problem is. First were going to run pressure test to see if there is a leak in the gasket. When running the pressure test you need to drop the oil pan and see if there are any bubbles coming from what specific area to determine if it's inside the piston rings or not. Oh yeah also sometimes cars have a water line by the oil filter to cool the oil and if that leaks then oil can drip into the Copland. Umm another thing can be a warped head but that usually causes missfire and white smoke but don't think that might not be the problem. What I'm thinking is he has a crack which is letting the oil mix in. Remember there are "tunnels" in your engine that the coolant passes through to cool off your engine and if there's a crack the oil can step into the coolant. More then likely you have a crack somewhere. Residue in your tubing won't cause this much oil. Do your research to determine the cost of the whole job. What would be cheaper , replacing the motor or guessing. Best bet would be a test to see a leak. I have a kit and sure a mechanic has them too. Resurfacing will cost you because the company wants to return it with warrenty which will have them replace other parts they think are or will go bad soon so you're not just paying for a resurface and a crack well.. You'll have to buy a whole block. Get prices then determine what you want to spend. Luckily what were going to do is upgradeto VTEC and rebuild the old motor and drop it into a civic hatch.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
ho lee chit! I don't know where to begin to comment.
Lets see, so we have:

drop the oil pan to look for bubbles
possibly from inside the piston rings
oil cooler might leak into the copland
warped heads cause misfires and smoke (but not leaking coolant apparently)
engines have "tunnels"
residue in tubing doesnt cause oil
do your research (like he did before this post)
resurfacing will cost you money because warrenty
fock it all and drop a vtec in the hatch

Just replace the head gasket