Oil light flashing at idle

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well...from what I see you have forged pistons. Forged pistons will make contact with the oil squirts 9/10. The chances of one or more being broken is really high. I recommend getting golden eagle oil squirt delete plugs. You don't need them with forged pistons.
nick knows all about that oil squirter breaking life.

Nick_C78

Indeed. That was with cast too! I had the same problem though, new oil pump, good clearances, 5psi oil pressure. Turned out to be 2 oil squirts had the tips broken off.

djv1986

The squirters themselves are fine but one check valve was stuck open :-( Idk if one valve would cause that much loss. Or should I re do the bearings with oem since its out and replace the damaged valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Theres no need to replace the bearings. At most I would just inspect them while you have the opportunity.
What check valve are you talking about?

djv1986

Theres no need to replace the bearings. At most I would just inspect them while you have the opportunity.
What check valve are you talking about?

I was going to replace them to get the tolerances within spec. And the valve is the bolt for the squirter

djv1986

Replace broken squirter and used 5-40 instead of 30 and it still has low oil pressure time to take it apart again and take it back to machine shop

Nick_C78

You don't have something stupid like an LS oil pick up with a GSR oil pan do you? Not calling you dumb, just mean some things get overlooked and that is quite a low number for all the things you say you checked to be good.

djv1986

Never mind, an LS pick-up wouldn't fit over the girdle.

My oil clearance is .0022 mains and .0020 rods that's what the machine shop set them at but as per honda that's greater then the service limit :-( sounds like engines gotta come back out again and get shoved up the machine shop and have them fix it