ok, issue, anyone know where to get head bolts without paying 200$

Dtackett

so the dealership seems to be the only place i can find em and they want 30+ for each bolt, i cant afford that and i need to change my head gasket timing belt and water pump, ive got everything but the head bolts, i need help. any suggestions. i need the cheapest i can get. thank you for your help in advance, ive never had a question not answered

Dtackett

those dont fit.

the issue with the stud bolts is they dont cost much less then the head bolts lol the head studs i found on ebay were 199.99

dlo253

check rockauto maybe? not sure if they would have em, but they usually got pretty good prices.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've got a set of oem main bolts in the garage if you need them. There's nothing wrong with them, I just switched to some arp bolts.

Edit: Nevermind you have an 1.8l, they won't fit. Make sure you get Main bolts, not head bolts. Two different things.

Last edited:

Dtackett

rock auto doesnt carry head bolts lol,

aussie, whats the difference? i thought i needed new head bolts to change my head gasket lol please explain, even the haynes manual shows head bolts so im kinda lost again lol

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
well, a head bolt is the bolt that goes into your engine, andddd im a stud. I make stud detectors go off like crazy

dr1ft@gious

This may be a old thread but im hoping my question can get answered here. Im doing a head swap and i was wanting to know if i could use my old head bolts? I had gotten them not to long ago, when i blew a head gasket, they have less than 1k miles on them. I didn't know if they torqued to yield for sure. just a stock b20b.