old school JDM goodness

michaelz

Hey guys, the small workshop fixing my car after the whole theft incident has been an absolute treat.

Here's some pics of the customer cars that regular the place. Sorry about the phone photos :\ Only have my phone on me most of the time and customer cars come in randomly. Enjoy.

G nose S30 Z and old school toyota coupe:

Datsun 510 (sold as Nissan Bluebird over here) and a drift pig R32:

L28 with the 3L crank conversion. Just about every old Z that comes into this shop has a 3L instead of the stock 2L JDM motor. Been for a ride in this red one, carby ITBs... felt very manly :cool:

Also I finally know why they don't call it 240Z here, JDM models all came with a 2L engine only unlike the 2.4L export model. There's also no such thing as Datsun over here, they were always badged as Nissans.

the white hakosuka is a GTX with of course, a 3L conversion:

stay tuned, more to come.

Last edited:

michaelz

up next is a track day they took me on. small showing due to crappy weather but didn't affect the drifting part of it.

i fuxxing love this evo! fastest car on the day and the dude has slicks which he put on after the midday.

drift taxi is here. anyone who wants a ride gets one:

lol...

and what happened to the tyres at the end of the day. dude could link drift half the track and didn't touch the handbrake once.

michaelz

moar! This was probably the craziest thing so far. I went to a touge meet with this STI owner and wow... I always thought I was an alright driver in the mountains but these guys are from another planet. They bring tools, change suspension settings & tyres and take it VERY seriously. Everything you see in Initial D, it's not far off from the real thing...

As for how fast they can go. Just about every car was on semi slicks and I don't think I've ever I had such a mad adrenalin rush riding passenger.

GC8 STI with GDB 6 speed, Brembos and 2.1L stroker. Guy tuned his car on the fly too with a laptop he kept in the backseat. Dedication...

Why have a race harness in a road car? The way they drive, you actually need it...

Just had to get a pic of this car, crappy pics since there are no lights what so ever up here. This R33 GTR has R35 Brembos, front splitter, huge GT wing and semi slicks. If you think it's all for show you'd be wrong. Pushes out around 650HP when on scramble boost and was the fastest of the night... around a tight twisty course!

Lastly this EF Civic was the suprise package of the night. B18C from a ITR with CTR transmission, straight through exhaust, the thing hurt my ears when I rode in it. It killed much more powerful cars like R32 GTRs, S14s and easily took down a R34 GTT.

Don't have much pics, it's just too dark but also because nearly all the owners didn't want their cars photographed. I got heaps of in car vids but they told me not to youtube it. The cops will investigate and arrest people for it apparently.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Thanks for sharing. This has so much history in it, wish I could see cars like that firsthand over here.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
That Evo III = sex

Im not sure if anyone has seen Thunderbolt (Jackie Chan 1995) but I recommend watching it. The movie itself kinda sucks (filmed in Japanese and dubbed in English, racing scenes were sped up) but the cars in that movie are amazing, there are a bunch of Skylines, Supras, RX-7s, a few Evo III, some Hondas, and even an FTO (all pre-96 JDM). They're all circuit cars and no Fast and Furious s***. Also not sure of any Gran Turismo 2 fans but the puma 3000gt (racing mod in GT2) is in this movie. here is a link to pics of some of the cars http://www.imcdb.org/movie_114126-Pi-li-huo.html

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
EF=jizz my pants, cant wait to have my hatch finished, thanks for the awesome pics. nice to see what goes in Japan