old school JDM goodness

JemmieN

not a girl lol
That Evo III = sex

Im not sure if anyone has seen Thunderbolt (Jackie Chan 1995) but I recommend watching it. The movie itself kinda sucks (filmed in Japanese and dubbed in English, racing scenes were sped up) but the cars in that movie are amazing, there are a bunch of Skylines, Supras, RX-7s, a few Evo III, some Hondas, and even an FTO (all pre-96 JDM). They're all circuit cars and no Fast and Furious s***. Also not sure of any Gran Turismo 2 fans but the puma 3000gt (racing mod in GT2) is in this movie. here is a link to pics of some of the cars http://www.imcdb.org/movie_114126-Pi-li-huo.html
i love that movie thats the one when he had an Evo and then used a 3000gt for the last race right?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Yeah, he has the Evo III and just after qualifying it crashes, flips, and catches on fire :(
Tons of awesome cars in that movie, the Spoon Sports Eg hatchback is in it. There are also 3 or 4 cars in the movie that were later used in Gran Turismo 2. The Puma 3000GT (final race) and Ralli Art Evo III (opening credits) were both racing mods for the cars in GT2

Kyle

thread = full of win.
This. Dam. Michael are you born and raised in Japan or were you born in the states? What do those Japanese folks think of our car scenes? Are they in love with our 60s/70s muscle cars? I'm loving that EF.

michaelz

glad you're all enjoying the pics

kyle my family is stupidly complex. :lol: the short version: australian chinese living in japan. i speak and write chinese & japanese so living in japan is pretty easy.

they love american stuff but you don't see old school muscle very often.
keeping a car on the road here is just too expensive. they tax you by engine size and overall weight.
my 1.8L teg costs $400 a year in tax alone. $2000 every 2 years when it comes to shaken time.

those guys with the old Zs and Skylines are paying anywhere between $700 - $1200 in tax alone depending on how modified their car is. :shock:
imagine a 5L - 7L muscle car weighing in @ a couple of metric tonnes... that's going to take deep pockets to keep on the road.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Are the shaken laws as strict as everyone says they are? Are those Jdm engine imports we get really that low mileage, or is it a scam..?

Kyle

glad you're all enjoying the pics

kyle my family is stupidly complex. :lol: the short version: australian chinese living in japan. i speak and write chinese & japanese so living in japan is pretty easy.

they love american stuff but you don't see old school muscle very often.
keeping a car on the road here is just too expensive. they tax you by engine size and overall weight.
my 1.8L teg costs $400 a year in tax alone. $2000 every 2 years when it comes to shaken time.

those guys with the old Zs and Skylines are paying anywhere between $700 - $1200 in tax alone depending on how modified their car is. :shock:
imagine a 5L - 7L muscle car weighing in @ a couple of metric tonnes... that's going to take deep pockets to keep on the road.
That's crazy. You wouldn't be able to afford a muscle car. So do you speak with an Australian accent? Never seen an Australian Chinese person. Hello mate lol. Now I understand why small cars in Japan rule, they are cheap to drive and insure.

michaelz

well in decent shape recaros can run up to $900 per seat. availability is another problem, ITR seats are commonly swapped into other cars too here so there's more demand than supply.

yes shaken laws are stupidly strict. 80s and older have to pass yearly instead of biyearly for 90s+ and $2k is the usual price to pass. the mods you didn't get approved all has to be removed from the car. if you did bother to get them approved every mod gradually bumps the car up the tax bracket and the highly modified street cars are in the same tax bracket as V8 mercs.

yes i do speak with the aussie accent. not that heavy though, steve irwin is on the extreme side and a lot of people are disappointed i don't sound like him.

Kyle

Go find us some more pictures. And tell your Japanese friends that your American friends love their cars and want to see more. :lol: