Overhauling OEM Suspension?

neunelfer

So, I bought a '95 DB8 back in August. After having used it to commute for 2 semesters, it has close to 150k on the clock. I want to re-do the suspension because it seems a bit tired. I've been looking through some threads, but I'm confused about the differences between springs/struts vs. coil overs and mostly the suspension as a whole. I want the car the sit a bit lower and be able to carve turns without so much body roll, but not be too harsh because this is a strict DD. Not looking for spend more than about $800, thanks guys.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i suggest a bushing kit, tockico illuminas and tein s tech springs. That should be affordable and pretty comfy.

coilovers tend to be a little harsher.

neunelfer

A little harshness is welcome. Honestly, I'm kind of leaning towards a street coil over setup after reading through the coil over review thread. If I do go for a set of coil overs, what else should I keep an eye out for suspension wise? Car is currently 100% stock

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Check tunersports for deals. You might think you're getting a deal on those super cheap junk2 parts when come to find out, you can get quality suspension products for around the same price...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Check tunersports for deals. You might think you're getting a deal on those super cheap junk2 parts when come to find out, you can get quality suspension products for around the same price...
skunk2 is good stuff...its made in the same factory as buddy club.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
With a budget of $500, you'd rather have skunk2 shocks/springs than koni srt.t and tein s tech springs?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Neither. Illuminas and S techs, or Koni Yellow and S techs and a bushing kit will make the handling a lot better.

neunelfer

Neither. Illuminas and S techs, or Koni Yellow and S techs and a bushing kit will make the handling a lot better.
I was just going to ask about the Koni Yellows! I found a lot of people talking up the Koni Yellows/ Ground Control set up, any idea how this would compare to the Yellows w/ S-techs?. Also, what websites could I order from that offer all three components (bushings, springs, struts)?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions, I just get anal when spending money:oops:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Tunersports has the koni yellows for $435 shipped. That's where I got mine. No where else is there a better deal than that.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You wont be able to do a koni ground control for 800.

tunersports sells it all. they are the club integra store. all prices include shipping via fedex.

neunelfer

Looking at the price, Oranges are much more appealing compared to the Yellows. I know they are just a step above OE, so would the S-Techs be too stiff to run along with the Oranges? What about the H+R Sport springs?

Oh yeah, any recommendations for the bushings? You guys have been very helpful, thanks.

uhhkilleez

The oranges will be good with the S-Techs since those springs are made to work with the oem shocks.
I installed mine yesterday on oem shocks and the ride is more comfortable than I thought it would be. Very similar to stock ride, not harsh at all except if you hit a bigger bump on the road.

Also the S-Techs are on sale in the store here

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I would look into a quality shock because the Tein S Tech spring lowers a good amount and the spring rate is increased dramatically.

neunelfer

The oranges will be good with the S-Techs since those springs are made to work with the oem shocks.
I installed mine yesterday on oem shocks and the ride is more comfortable than I thought it would be. Very similar to stock ride, not harsh at all except if you hit a bigger bump on the road.

Also the S-Techs are on sale in the store here

Nice man, think about upgrading the shocks? I haven't bought anything yet, but now I'm leaning towards Koni SRT.T with some H-techs.