overheating. please help

emd513

Pull your thermostat out. Fill it up and run it. If it happens again then change the pump timing belt and tensioned pulley.( that's doing it right the first time) if it runs fine then your thermostat was not opening properly. Also check all your hoses and make sure none are week. A hose collapsing during acceleration could give some of the same side effects.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hondagirl16

I had a similar problem a while ago, and it ended up being a cracked hose that was weeping all the water out. Check all the hoses behind and under the intake, those ones are the worst.... If not, like everyone else is saying, pull the head and check the gasket. Good luck man

nick92

92 lowered da
well still stuck.. did a compression test today and got between 115 and 125. but i did notice that plugs 3 and 4 were covered in oil. so im asuming the sleves in there have gone bad, but my boss who is a toyota guru said that wouldnt cause it to overheat... any one else wanna chime in with advice?

nick92

92 lowered da
hondagirl all my hoses are still good. didnt loose any coolent today over a 15 mile drive

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
The oil filling up your plugs is the gaskets at the valve cover. Replace. If you arent finding a leak and dont have coolant in your oil or burning it in the chambers then you can take it to a shop and they have a dye that they use to find leaks. Confirm that your fans are turning on and describe the conditions in which you result in overheating. Youre either loosing coolant somewhere, thermostat isnt working or fans arent turning on. Lucky if it hasnt snowballed into a combination.

nick92

92 lowered da
i dont think its the theromstat, and deff isnt the fans. fans are working.. thermostat if its stuck open ur temp gauge dont work, and if its stuck closed it would be running hot constantly not just when im accelerating.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Why would a temp gauge not work because its stuck open? A gauge doesnt work/work right if the sensor is bad or the gauge is bad. Theres only so many things that can go wrong with the cooling system. If youre loosing fluid, find its leak.. if not, something isnt working right. Thermo or one of several sensors/grounds. That said, also start checking your grounds and wires.

Again describe this overheating event. Details of how it occurs can be more tell tale than you think.

JETxGREEN

JEFF
DO WHAT HONDAGIRL SAID its kinda hard to get to ta check the hoses but all my hoses went bad around the same time and that was where i founded the answer to your same question.

itzrivera

i dont think its the theromstat, and deff isnt the fans. fans are working.. thermostat if its stuck open ur temp gauge dont work, and if its stuck closed it would be running hot constantly not just when im accelerating.
BS
This past weekend my car overheated too. It would stay just below the halfway point on the temp guage at Idle. When I drove it about a half mile down the road it started to overheat again. Root of the problem was a sticky thermostat.

Check your thermostat.

emd513

BS
This past weekend my car overheated too. It would stay just below the halfway point on the temp guage at Idle. When I drove it about a half mile down the road it started to overheat again. Root of the problem was a sticky thermostat.

Check your thermostat.
Holly shit if we keep telling this guy the same shit and he can't comprehend or is unwilling to take the advice then I say screw it. Be an idiot think what you want and blow it up buddy. Told you earlier like this quote take the damn thing out. Your car won't run at 200 degrees but all get to 160 with no thermostat. Did it in all my hot rods during the summer to keep them from over heating if I stayed in traffic. Your gauge!! Its ran off a sensor that is plugged into a water jacket in the side of the head below the dizzy. Either listen and pay attention or don't ask man. Simple as that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
against better judgement I am going to simply say these keywords... if you can't figure it our by googling what to do using those leywords let the trolls have you...

90-93 integra
Thermostat
Hoses
Radiator Cap
Radiator

if no issues with any of those it is probably the water pump.

also thos compression numbers I saw posted are rather low... your motor sounds pretty beat if you ask me. & it is likely the rings are shot not the sleeves.

kurupt832

im having the same problem i also need help ive changed allmost everything i can think of (water pump,thermostat,temp sensor,made sure no leaks,fans are working) dont worry bro im in the same boat with the same car.!.!.!