Painting interior stuff.

Ballerin1

Hey guys, I've become bored over the summer already and have decided that I want some color in my teg. I'm going to remove the speaker covers, air vents on dash, door handle covers, and the little hole in the door (idk what its called) and I'm going to be painting them burgundy. That's the closest color of spraypaint that I could find that matches the flames on the airbrushing on the outside. I was wondering what else I should/shouldnt paint. I'm really bored and have nothing to do, what's a cheap thing that I can do to spruce up the interior? Pix will be up tomorrow when its sunny. :thumbs up:

rnhib25

ricer all day
dude i think you shouldn't paint your interior but that's you...it'll look ricey lol but hey prove me wrong and do it i wanna c the results...

Ballerin1

If you were going to paint pieces on your interior, which ones would you do?

Jayman

none....unless you are going to put up the money and have it all fiberglassed then painted. I had a teg that a guy did that to and it looked like shit

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
use the edit button instead of double posting...

and yeah...you are supposed to sand it first. but it makes it look weird i think

Ballerin1

It won't work on my phone, sorry.

Why would u have to sand it? To get the paint to stick? Cuz I thought they were already painting.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it helps the paint take to it. and the plastic is that color...so its dyed. well i dont know about your case but on stock its dyed plastic

.Cortez

94' LS
Hey Ballerin1, Whats your teg BHP? Its riced out as hell on the outside, why do the inside? so you can feel even worse when driving it? lol... Nah seriously?

Ballerin1

Oh okay. How much do I sand it?

Everything is stock except a new exhaust and air intake. I'm building it for shows (looks) for now.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I say don't do it, bc when you sell ur teg the guy will start a de rice thread lol.

I have an eclipse I bought with a body kit and paint interior pieces and I make fun of it all the time. (Now its back oem though). The ricer faze is short lived. I had one when I was 16 with a Jetta, after that I started pulling stuff off the cars I owned to make things clean, do what you want, just get it out of ur system that way next car will be clean and not look like the F&F (no offense, my jetta was riced out pretty bad so I have been there)

Ballerin1

Yeah, its pretty ricey haha. My dad didn't want me to do it, but I did it anyways :D and it looks good. He even said he liked it. I have a couple more piece to do then ill post up pix!

Ballerin1

Does anyone know how to remove the air vent thing (drivers side), I have the top off but I have a sunroof and the bottom won't come off. Any suggestions??