Picked up a new car

tyman2395

Thanks guys !, It's just weird that the orange and stock (grey) plug in's are both identical and put plug into the same plug on the motor harness , so which one do i use ? This probably isn't correct so please correct me if I'm wrong but if i want abs ( if there were still hooked up , etc) i use the orange plug in for the engine harness but if not I just use the grey ? Most likely not right but just thinking lol

tyman2395

Here I think these pictures will make more since , It looks as if someone added these plug in's to the wiring harness but I'm trying to figure out why.

Here you can see how both of them plug into the engine harness

See how both plug right into the fan

This is a better pic of the harness that was added into the main

Last edited:

tyman2395

Actually what I'm thinking how there is 2 plugs in's for the engine harness is because they did an ls/vtec to it so instead of hacking up the original plug and wiring they added this to it so if there were to go back to stock it would just be plug and play not messing around with anything. Atleast that's what i'm getting from it but could be wrong

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Orange plugs 99 times out of 1 if any, are abs wires. Grey plugs go to engine harness, unless the PO did something weird it should just be plug and play

Last edited:

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Orange I'd def ABS so I'd say grey to grey...orange is usually always ABS just like yellow is always srs

tyman2395

Well thought I would do an update , Got the motor all in and runs perfect , Just bought a high flow cat with 2.5 " piping and 14" resonator , Also got a new muffler , my Buddy said it was a greddy but theres no stamping or anything so I doubt it but it will better than stock for now . Just checked my local junk yard and a smashed RSX came in , My buddy works there and is getting me the motor ,tranny, axles , wiring , and ecu. Probably gonna end up doing the swap over winter when I put my car up, Let me know your guy's opinion on that .

tyman2395

Hey guys ended up picking up a little eg with and ls vtec so i decided to do a rebuild on it. Running that for awhile then I'm thinking about dropping an s2000 f series in with the f-k conversion kit. Figured that would make it interesting when popping the hood. Had the car to some meets and stuff and suprisingly never got bashed. Everyone liked how I had a unique car from everyone else. They said it was nice seeing something different then what there used to seeing. People also said it reminds them of when they got into the scene back in the early 2000's when almost every car had a body kit and stuff like that. Just goes to show how much the scene changed over the years. Also I do use it as my daily driver and have no problem with doing that. Deffaintly a head turner going through town and stuff but it's going away for storage since winters almost here . For the meantime I'm dropping an h22 in my eg for my winter car.

Anyone interested in what I have in my build here it is :
bottom end: polished and balanced crank , eagle h beams rods , spoon sports p73 11:3.1 compression, arp head studs , act stage 3 6 puck clutch , 9.5 exedy lightweight flywheel
top end: skunk 2 valves, skunk 2 dual springs , skunk 2 titanium retainers, brian crower stage 2 cams, aem adjustable cam gears, ported gsr head , blox intake manifold , 70mm holley throttle body , aem high volume fuel rail, rc 310 injectors , aem adjustable fuel regulator, password jdm carbon intake , dc 4-1 header with 2.5 " exhaust and a skunk 2 can. Running on a soon to be tuned p28 chipped with hondata s300, also running a zex dry nitrous system , gonna be running a 100 shot