pinkley's "gettin there slow RS" thread

pinkley

b@115D33p
Haha! You're car looks amazing. I'm trying to figure out some place around here that can roll and pull my fenders if need be. Trying to get a decent stance going on, nothing too aggressive. What size Tire/Rim would you rec. me starting out at?

SEXY engine bay, bro. The VC and IM are drop dead GAWGEOUS.
I wouldn't say my car looks amazing but thanks for the complement! Lol it needs a lot of body work which is next on the list after I get it running right again. I must say that i am proud of the engine bay tho. It also still needs some cleaning up amd tucking.

For the rims, I'm not sure man. It all depends on your taste and what you like. I have 15x7 and a 195-50 tire. Uodates can't really go wrong with 15s if your lowered.

pinkley

b@115D33p
today...well yesterday(days are eff'd up since im working nights) i did a FICV and IACV delete. car now idles like it did before. also cleaned up my TB and bought some new hardware for some odd and ends.

found this on NWP and figured id give it a go to see what happens.

the throttle body while cleaning it up

the delete plate i made for the FICV (kinda sloppy but didnt have much to work with)

reinstalled TB

ill get some more pics eventually. im working on cleaning up my DC Sport header so i can put it back on. the Pro1 i bought from Jake doesnt fit very well. had to beat the sh!t out of the oil pan for it to have clearance. oh well.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Throttle body looks good man! They sell replica OEM throttle bodies with the FITV already deleted just to let u know. Only seen one company make a plate for it. You did the work yourself?

pinkley

b@115D33p
Throttle body looks good man! They sell replica OEM throttle bodies with the FITV already deleted just to let u know. Only seen one company make a plate for it. You did the work yourself?
Thanks! I seen some polished OBX TB's on eBay that had the FITV already deleted for like $140 or so. That's not a bad price but I decided to use my own. I enjoy doing DIY projects. And I looked for a delete plate but couldn't find anything. I do all the work myself sometimes with the help of one of my good friend/sisters bf. hes the guy who does all my powder coating. I research a lot before going into a major project. I refuse to pay someone to work on my cars anymore unless I absolutely don't feel like messing with it.

pinkley

b@115D33p
My header process...

YESTERDAY​

TODAY​

Not even close to done. That was only 400 grit with the help of a wire wheel on my drill. I'm not doing the bottom section. Only what's visible. The bottom is smashed from bottoming out anyways so that would be kinda pointless.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Ignore my ignorance, but what is an FITV?
Its a valve that sits right under your throttle body. It brings the cars idle higher so it can warm up, then drops it down when the car is all warmed up. A lot of people by-pass it because it could lead to idle problems/leaks. It acts just like a thermostat.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Thanks! I seen some polished OBX TB's on eBay that had the FITV already deleted for like $140 or so. That's not a bad price but I decided to use my own. I enjoy doing DIY projects. And I looked for a delete plate but couldn't find anything. I do all the work myself sometimes with the help of one of my good friend/sisters bf. hes the guy who does all my powder coating. I research a lot before going into a major project. I refuse to pay someone to work on my cars anymore unless I absolutely don't feel like messing with it.
I know I seen one for the integra's, but I'm sure these will work since most of the throttle bodies are similar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-air-boost-FITV-block-off-kit-Accord-Prelude-/220565809441?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335abf2921&vxp=mtr#ht_941wt_1270

Either way, looks awesome man! Saving yourself some extra cash in the long wrong! Header is coming out great BTW! I need to do mine soon!

95TegDC4

That would definitely explain why it idles high in the colder parts of the year, not so much now. Lol.