PioneerLS Daily Driver DC4 Build

PioneerLS

since your inbox was full...

i removed em
wet sanded with 800 grit
primer (3 layers)
paint (5 layers)
clear (2 layers)
after the clear dried for a day, wet sanded with 2000 grit, buff and polish.

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk
Ah thank you. Just wondering cause hey dont seem hard to paint but someone said i should just take it to a shop, so idk which to do lol

or should i get this for a CAI
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-DC2-INTEGRA-BYPASS-VALVE-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-BLACK-/220846362803?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Integra&hash=item336b7810b3&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
painting the sides isnt hard to do. just a bit time consuming

as for the intake, get it. theyre all the same to me. id change the filter to a high quality reusable/washable AEM one.

PioneerLS

painting the sides isnt hard to do. just a bit time consuming

as for the intake, get it. theyre all the same to me. id change the filter to a high quality reusable/washable AEM one.

Where do cold air intakes usually sit at? I dont want to be able to suck up water, as it does get really rainy or snowy sometimes here in st louis, but i dont want a sri cause i actually want lower end torque

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
behind the right blinker and in front of the right tire. if you still have your wheel well liner, youll be fine. youll have to submerge your filter in water. plus, it says it comes with a bypass valve so you should be good. but go with an AEM bypass if possible.

PioneerLS

for now its gonna have to be the ebay bypass, but i usually dont drive if its pooring rain but there are times where you cant predict it and stuff. but alright that sounds good, ill probably get this asap since its pretty cheap

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
if youre worried about sucking up water, just get a short one. theres no major difference really

PioneerLS

I thought short rams made torque in the later rpms, and sucked in hot air, but cold airs sucked in cold air and shifted the torque to lower rpms?
either way im getting a cai though

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah. but you dont really feel anything. youll most likely notice a gain in mpg's

PioneerLS

i see i see. well anyways ill order that cai pretty soon, also coilovers are coming really soon. cant wait