Post a pic of your latest purchase.

OneFastGSR

R13 don't think it's something so bad until you inspect it all. The fact the noise showed up after you've hit the rev limiter, Is a good reason to be worried but you havn't got to inspect anything yet, Or you already did and havn't said anything lol. Drain the oil check for shavings put new oil in, Pull valve cover and do an adjustment. Or if you have a compression tester go ahead and do a test on it, That should knock out a bent valve I believe if the compression is the same across all cylinders. Not 100% on that though, I know a leakdown test should tell you for sure.

OneFastGSR

Nice tree, I could use all that on my civic right now, Lol. I just purchased new rotors/pads, also ordered a liter of ATE super blue and going to flush my brakes and clutch with it when I change my pads/rotors. Also ordered a new plate for my hatch because the plate that holds the latch broke on mine and my hatch doesn't close. Now I got to goto store and buy some oil to change that. I havn't been maintaining my civic really, I just been dailying it and I can realize how the car is slowly getting worse and worse condition. I got to get it into top condition again before it gets real bad. After I do all that maintenance next on the list is change the cam seal, timing belt, and water pump..

Nick_C78

I see several fails here...

First...never cheap out on an oil filter. Spend the extra 5 bucks and by a good one. The one you have there is probably the worst one possible.

Second...never put a battery on the ground... I know that supposedly modern batteries don't get drained by being placed on the ground, but really, why chance it? Especially with a cheaper battery that might not have as good insulating materials.

Just some advice.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
I'm not worried about the battery. It was on the ground for just a couple minutes as I took out the old one , plus it has a 9 year free replacement warranty. :lol:

Edit: I will pick up a new filter from the shop tonight though. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: