Post a pic of your latest purchase.

R13

The other asshole
Happened a few weeks ago, Accelerator got stuck under the floor mat and it bounced off the rev limiter for a split second and ever since my idle acts funny and there's a faint tick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcIVDaMf7aI

Camera exaggerates the tick, It's nowhere near that loud irl.

Car was at full operating temp btw and it takes it almost a full minute to drop to idle.

randomhobo

automagic user
Happened a few weeks ago, Accelerator got stuck under the floor mat and it bounced off the rev limiter for a split second and ever since my idle acts funny and there's a faint tick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcIVDaMf7aI

Camera exaggerates the tick, It's nowhere near that loud irl.

Car was at full operating temp btw and it takes it almost a full minute to drop to idle.
hehehe, Generaldicktits...

That's odd though, I'm assuming you weren't on the throttle during the high idle, has this only begun since it's gotten cold out?

R13

The other asshole
It happened immediately after it bounced off the limiter, I killed it and roll off the side of the road to fix it but it bounced off it twice, I haven't done any diagnostics yet, Too scared lol

Very soon though I need to drain the oil and check for metal shavings, Check valve lash, Compression & leakdown, I'm gonna start by cleaning the iacv again as well, It may have blown out the system real good and just dirtied it up and the tick may be as simple as needing to readjust valve lash, Though it's all too possible that it's a bearing from oil starvation.

Check your floormats and get oil pressure gauges kids.

Sent from my toaster

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't see why bouncing off the rev limiter would hurt anything unless you already had problems. I ride my rev limiter all the time for autocross/spirited street driving/ whatever, that's kinda what it's there for.

R13

The other asshole
Idk, My engine ran perfect before that, No noises, Nothing, That's not to say there was nothing wrong with it, It has 230k and was untouched until the head job but it ran so perfect before, Like I said, Maybe a lock nut let one of the valves out of adjustment and I need to clean my Iacv, I can only hope after all I've been through.