Post a pic of your latest purchase.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Good fluid works better than synchromesh. I use motul gear fluid.
Agreed, synchromesh is a mask for poor shifting and worn parts. It's not going to keep them from getting worse, it's just going to hide the symptoms. Like turning the music up to avoid hearing your wheel bearings grinding. There are better fluids that will do more to protect the transmission and/or what's left of it.

Why does the motul work better than the synchromesh?
Because Motul uses synthetic based ester oils that simply provide a whole lot better protection. Syncromesh uses paraffin oils, which is a type of mineral oil. It's usually used as an insulator when mixed with other oils, however alone you know it as kerosene. So as I said before, it just covers up the noise.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why does the motul work better than the synchromesh?
syncromesh is a bandaid and doesnt protect as well as motul.

Agreed, synchromesh is a mask for poor shifting and worn parts. It's not going to keep them from getting worse, it's just going to hide the symptoms. Like turning the music up to avoid hearing your wheel bearings grinding. There are better fluids that will do more to protect the transmission and/or what's left of it.

Because Motul uses synthetic based ester oils that simply provide a whole lot better protection. Syncromesh uses paraffin oils, which is a type of mineral oil. It's usually used as an insulator when mixed with other oils, however alone you know it as kerosene. So as I said before, it just covers up the noise.
yup!

and the competition FF stuff is awesome. But if you have a stock transmission, just use stock fluid. it protects good enough.

DB7ish

Just picked up some EP3 stocks. Gonna sand them down and paint them white with the silver Acura center caps this weekend. Came with some BFGoodrichs with a good amount of tread for $140. Also, picked up some 1157 sockets for the 'rear signal to running lamps' mod (I think it'll look better with my all red taillights).

**Disclaimer - NOT MY CAR**

**Disclaimer - NOT MY CAR**

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Just picked up some EP3 stocks. Gonna sand them down and paint them white
I have white ep3's, They're okay, Probably the best you can get for less than $300, Would be a lot better if they were 16"s and had less backspace, I personally prefer them plastidipped black because it blends with the tire, Helps them not look so small. :thumbup: