Power Steering "Punk" lol

j13

Keep It Clean
You cant take the compressor off and take the lines off before you drain the refrigerant properly at a auto place.

That rod you see is the bar that extends into the lower torque mount. If you look under the car while its on jack stands, you will see there are 2 bolts (or 3, not sure) holding the torque mount to the frame. If you take it off, you should be able to slide the belt off. Or just cut it off as you said. Good luck.

Yeah after I posted about taking it off I read an article about taking it out and it seems dangrous and not worth the trouble.

If anything ill just do what you said about taking off the lower torque mount and taking the belt off and leaving all the AC units in.

How long would it take to take off the Torque Mount? I'm going to do that today along with my rear wiper motor and antenna motor

j13

Keep It Clean
just take off ur power steering it will save u a lot of trouble
No the Power Steering is super smooth. My Rack/Pinion is super solid no slop what so ever. Before I got the car my first inspection always is the Rack and Tie rods. I didn't hear the noise until days after I had the car, thank god it didn't have anything to do with the Steering. I am due for a flush though.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
There shouldn't be any play in the belt. If you adjust FOR some play, you will be replacing alot of belts.

If the pump is still working, flush the fluid and stop worrying about it.

j13

Keep It Clean
I'm not worried about anything. I put back the PS belt to the same tention as it was before.