Proposed turbo set-up + noob questions

heykosal

Angkorian
okay so i semi-answered my own question. found this link. is that turbo wastegated? please, feel free to school me anyway:lol:

patrick4588

Integra God
the 60 trim is not too big. i ran it on my gsr. the turbonetics kit even comes with them. if you want 300whp+ its fine. plus you can keep it if you get some forged internals down the road and run higher psi. also, its external wastegate. a t3/t4 turbo means that you have a t3 turbine side (side that bolts onto the manifold) and a t4 compressor side (side that pulls in fresh air). turbine bolt pattern is not the same as 4 bolt discharge. some turbos have a 5 bolt downpipe and some have a 4. just pick your turbo before you buy the manifold. that turbo you posted in the link is the exact turbo i had. get the .63 ar

heykosal

Angkorian
the turbo in this link. is the same turbo? dumb ass question but i just need to be certain that i know what im talking about now.

heykosal

Angkorian
hey man, what specific downpipe did you have? 2.5 or 3 inches? im goin to get an a/c compatible one. and what does e-cutout modification mean? exhaust cutout? basically bypassing the cat back?

patrick4588

Integra God
i had a 2.5" into 3" downpipe. it started off at 2.5 and transitioned into 3. also, all spoolin log manifolds are ac compatible. just buy the manifold and downpipe combo from them and specify you need it to be compatible. an e cutout is where its say a 3" downpipe but then splits into 2 parts at the bottom. one part bolts to a stock exhaust that will keep things quiet and then at the push of a button the second part opens to let you utlilize open downpipe so the stock exhaust is no longer a restriction

heykosal

Angkorian
ok yeah ill stick with the set, 2.5 or 3 inches? also, with hondata am i going to need a boost controller? and, should i bother with a cat at all?