Question about JRSC install

djv1986

I'm going to be buying a jrsc it doesn't come with the Fmu or the fuel enrichment relay, or injectors,

My car has stock Gsr engine and had upgraded fuel rail and fuel pump. I also have the s300 for my ecu.

My question is do I need the jr Fmu or the fuel relay? Or will the hondata do the job ?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You dont need the FMU or the pump relay. Those two and the ignition retard box are the worst attempts at tuning ever devised. All you need are bigger injectors and the Hondata to tune with. Look for 440 or 550cc injectors.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you want it smog legal you need to get the JRSC fuel pressure regulator, you need to create the missing link for the ecu. you can not run a management system

djv1986

I mean a smog guy won't look at my ecu for programming just if the polutions are good and the carb sticker is valid for the sc but I think they would want to see the fmu

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it just doesnt run right without a different tune even if the AFR is stock it might not pass. Its like trying to pass with pro 2 cams with a stock afr,

its going to be hard to find pieces if you dont have them already the jrsc is discontinued.

djv1986

Well I agree with him. If the tune is accurately changing the af ratio to the boost and the smog tech doesn't notice the ecu being modified which he won't even look it should pass my guess

djv1986

I don't have the pieces but I do have hondata s300 hopefully I can save a smog legal tune then have it dyno tuned for power and reliability and just load the smog tune for a day every two yeara

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The issue isnt AFR its OBD. If hes 96+ then he needs to convert to an OBD1 ecu inorder to tune it. Thats an automatic fail in every state that does OBD2 compliance testing - This is seperate from actual smog testing.

If the chasis is 95 or older the OBD conversion isnt an issue. If the state still requires smog testing then it is possible to tune to be emission friendly. However I am not knowledgeable about that area at all.

djv1986

My car is a 94 Ls db7 I installed a 94gsr engine and ecu and cabin wiring harness and all engine harness and devices it passed smog with 200 miles on fresh engine without the smog tech even noticing the engine swap.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My car is a 94 Ls db7 I installed a 94gsr engine and ecu and cabin wiring harness and all engine harness and devices it passed smog with 200 miles on fresh engine without the smog tech even noticing the engine swap.
But you could just unhook the supercharger belt and run it on a stock tune, that might be possible? Anyone have thoughts on this. Although you'd have to throw stock injectors back on but that's not really that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
You will be fine with smog with the JRSC being tuned properly with the hondata and the injectors, trust me, i know. You wont pass with the FMU and the relay, because your timing will be too far retarded and the car will be running rich. It's damn near impossible to tune the FMU to be perfect like the way the hondata can be tuned.

Get yourself a set of 440-550cc injectors like muckman said, and have it professionally tuned on the dyno, as long as your OBD1, theres no computer system for them to hookup to, you have to have the sniffer test which you can easily pass with a tune. Worst case scenario your a little out of the range from the blower increasing emission's and you have to run a slightly larger cali legal cat.

http://www.osidetiger.com/pages/11mm.aspx