Question about JRSC install

djv1986

Those big ass words are followed by a bad ass sticker saying California air research board approved so that has no affect on smog at that point.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you need to stop worrying about the carb and worry about all the heat the supercharger is going to create.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Those big ass words are followed by a bad ass sticker saying California air research board approved so that has no affect on smog at that point.

Hopeless^^ you'll need a wideband to tune.

you need to stop worrying about the carb and worry about all the heat the supercharger is going to create.
This^^ I scrapped my plans for one of those back in 2006

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
sorry if i'm coming off as an asshole, i'm just trying to make the OP think a lil further. i'm not just gonna jump out and say JRSC sucks... i want the OP to ask these questions to himself so he can understand why.

super chargers are good, this jrsc design however has too many flaws... especially at higher boost. (which it is no longer carb)

djv1986

I'm not tryig to make a race car with this I just want it to be more peppy to drive and beable to smog with the minimal work considering my rhd toyota pickup has a ls6 in it and won't smog so I at least want my daily driver to smog. I'm not fmiliar with Hondas much so that's why I'm asking what the items ill need to buy. So far I need the hondata map sensor and a wideband and Injectors. I don't plan on making much more then 250whp if even that much

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I'm not tryig to make a race car with this I just want it to be more peppy to drive and beable to smog with the minimal work considering my rhd toyota pickup has a ls6 in it and won't smog so I at least want my daily driver to smog. I'm not fmiliar with Hondas much so that's why I'm asking what the items ill need to buy. So far I need the hondata map sensor and a wideband and Injectors. I don't plan on making much more then 250whp if even that much
Honestly if you really have to insist having it carb legal in cali... don't mod it, thats the best advice i can give. JR claimed a 40% increase in power over stock with their kit, but if you install the kit in the manner in which the instructions dictate, you will barely see a 20hp gain. The FMU makes the car run pig rich constantly no matter how you tune it, theres no real adjustment except for an allen key which allows you to adjust the base pressure on the FMU. It's still a 5:1 regulator on top of your existing FPR. JR recommends you run 10* of base ignition timing and the relay kit which retard's ignition timing another 7* degrees. You wanna see what that looks like? Here's my car right after the first time i installed the JR kit without having a tunable ecu or injectors, just running the FMU and relay system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxYVNKL-HI

and heres my car running 14.9 (with a best of 14.6 a week later after some more tuning) after my new motor and the JR kit tuned on 420cc injectors and a stepper pulley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGoL6IqmPI

Choice is yours.

djv1986

What's your guys opinion on the vortech kit compared to the jrsc kit?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just turbo it with a small ko4 or something and you'll get more power than any of those supercharger kits with a very linear powerband and great reliability and spend way less money.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
What's your guys opinion on the vortech kit compared to the jrsc kit?
Less complicated and much more power output overall, but not nearly the same low end response as a roots blower. Since your under the carb legal restriction, I would say do it if you can run the entire carb legal kit without any backlash from the state.

djv1986

With compression test at 240 flat across the board and stock internals what is a safe amount of boost to run with this jrsc and not damage engine internals? I know this can be a very bias question but I'm looking for opinions