quick progress thread - gt35r ls vtec

rwlsvtec_03

Going to Re-wire wide band to see if it makes a difference.. If not, just got a new one and I'll replace. Also, just got a new Hondata 4 bar map sensor. Adjusting valves Monday hopefully on both my cars. If I can fix the wideband, the other will be going into my '00 Si.

rwlsvtec_03

still have to adjust valves on hatch but wideband is reading now and so is boost gauge (-15vac).
Just have to get bungs and lines to run catch can.

rwlsvtec_03

more stuff

Just got Sparco 3 point harnesses in black and am Waiting on B&R Fittings oil catch can return kit to get rid of the N>RG one so I'll have to get bungs welded on my VC. Also waiting on full front carpet to clean up the inside of my mess. Still need to replace all the rest of my interior panels back to black and weld mounts in correctly for seats. Pics up prob tonight, catch can is supposed to be here today.

rwlsvtec_03

Progress.. Pulled out seats, put in new carpet, installed one seat and harness.

rwlsvtec_03

You going to put a cage in the car to mount those harness's to?
Nope. You know the lower seat belt mount is on the side pillar? I cut them off and welded them right beneath the edge of where to back seat would place. Now it's where the rear seat delete starts. Just so happens the bolts included (built in) with the harnesses are the exact bolt pattern. Shit looks very clean I'll take close ups when I go up there next.

ewwww that bitch is naaaaaaasty...luv it lol
Thank you. Might go up tonight to pull valve cover to weld bungs for catch can.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Your never gonna pass tech at a sanctioned track, thats why I was asking. I hope you don't get in a wreck either cause that shits gonna crush your back.

This from the NHRA rule book: "Sidebar must be included on driver's side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow. Swing-out sidebar permitted. All roll bars must have in thier construction a cross bar for seat bracing and as the shoulder harness attachement point; cross bar must be installed no more than 4 inches below, and not above, the drivers shoulders or to the side bar."

also hope cops in your town aren't pricks, because 5 points are not dot approved, just giving ya a heads up. Nice build btw

rwlsvtec_03

Your never gonna pass tech at a sanctioned track, thats why I was asking. I hope you don't get in a wreck either cause that shits gonna crush your back.

This from the NHRA rule book: "Sidebar must be included on driver's side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow. Swing-out sidebar permitted. All roll bars must have in thier construction a cross bar for seat bracing and as the shoulder harness attachement point; cross bar must be installed no more than 4 inches below, and not above, the drivers shoulders or to the side bar."

also hope cops in your town aren't pricks, because 5 points are not dot approved, just giving ya a heads up. Nice build btw
I've been pulled over on numerous occations and have been asked about the harnesses I had at the time with no fuss or anything. They were cheap and looked like crap. I only really want to run it down a track once after it's tuned then I could care less. What exactly would crush my back?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The angle that you should never mount the shoulder straps below is 45 degrees. If you were ever to get in an accident, and your shoulder straps were mounted at a smaller angle, the harness would be pulling downards on you as you moved forward from the impact, and basically compressing your spine downards. I had 5 points in my old CRX and only caught shit from 1 cop for them, but he let me go with a warning.

Look at this link and notice the angle in which they have their harness's mounted. Im not trying to correct you in a dick head manner, I just hate seeing people installing things imporoperly and risking injury, when it can be avoided.

http://p-car.com/diy/harness/harness.htm

rwlsvtec_03

The angle that you should never mount the shoulder straps below is 45 degrees. If you were ever to get in an accident, and your shoulder straps were mounted at a smaller angle, the harness would be pulling downards on you as you moved forward from the impact, and basically compressing your spine downards. I had 5 points in my old CRX and only caught shit from 1 cop for them, but he let me go with a warning.

Look at this link and notice the angle in which they have their harness's mounted. Im not trying to correct you in a dick head manner, I just hate seeing people installing things imporoperly and risking injury, when it can be avoided.

http://p-car.com/diy/harness/harness.htm
I don't think your being a dick. Your trying to help me out so I don't get fuc*ed over. I appreciate it.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Alot of times people feel that when someone is trying to help them out, they are trying to tell them how to build their car, so just making sure I let you know which I was trying to do. What you could do is keep your stock seat belts int he car as well, so when you goto the track, you can just slap that on instead of the 5point...

rwlsvtec_03

used nr>g catch can mount and mated it with the B&R mounts/hardware. should be able to install everything except bungs and valve cover.

rwlsvtec_03

Got can mounted in place of old but I think it's too low to drain properly. Need massive allen wrench to put in drain fitting so no lines connected yet but evap can is now off and block plug is in place.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You talking about the drain fittings on the back of your motor? Use an allen head socket, much easier to get em out that way then using an actual allen wrench. They are 14mm btw