quick progress thread - gt35r ls vtec

rwlsvtec_03

Probably no progress for a while. Saving up for a fresh b18c head and cams. Should be getting towed with in the week to my winter storage considering IT'S SNOWING RIGHT NOW in central New York.
Anybody have or know someone in need of 2006-10 civic carbon hood and trunk?

rwlsvtec_03

Picking up another head!
B18C5 type-r to be exact.. includes wiring harness, computer, cams and blox intake manifold!!
If everything goes as planned it could be running again tonight just need torque wrench.

Jabes

Good luck and props for keeping going with it through all the problems.

rwlsvtec_03

might have more problems. not a type-r.. P72-2 which is GSR. I hope to hell nothing goes wrong it doesnt look very promising. I need to figure out what cams i have and I don't know how to notice difference.

Screech

beer budget white trash
I didnt know the gsr valve springs were dual on the intake side. pretty cool.
That intake manifold I hope is not something your trying to run on that that engine. that looks like crap. and it has similar properties as the skunk2 version 1 intake. go str, its a golden eagle off set company that people just give away for near nothing. I picked up my str for 100 bucks.
all b series cams are interchangeable. google up b series camshaft identification and then on ek9 there is a knowledgable thread on cams lift and durations for most companies.

rwlsvtec_03

I didnt know the gsr valve springs were dual on the intake side. pretty cool.
That intake manifold I hope is not something your trying to run on that that engine. that looks like crap. and it has similar properties as the skunk2 version 1 intake. go str, its a golden eagle off set company that people just give away for near nothing. I picked up my str for 100 bucks.
all b series cams are interchangeable. google up b series camshaft identification and then on ek9 there is a knowledgable thread on cams lift and durations for most companies.
I'm running my Skunk2 pro series intake mani ported to match my 72mm throttlebody. I've got a set of gsr cams I am going to use but put my BDL cam gears onto. All B series VTEC cams are interchangable.

rwlsvtec_03

Current progress! Head is back from machine shop. Hot tanked, Plained, All 3 angled valves swapped over along with Gsr Intake dual springs on intake and exhaust.

Using set to the left.. Still black almost no wear.

rwlsvtec_03

Almost complete.. Just have to pull off harmonic balancer to set timing, make sure a few lines are ran correct, put on valve cover, hook up plug wires, put in oil and coolant and start it. Got to swap over driver side harness before I can attempt some sort of a break in.

rwlsvtec_03

It's ALIVE!

That's right, It actually run's thanks to myself. :shock:
Finished up last night at 8ish. Has slight idle issue (most likely vacuum leak).
Hopefully some tuning going on today! Has GSR base map w/1000cc injectors currently.
Going to do harness today too.. It'd be nice to have headlights!

rwlsvtec_03

Wideband isn't reading.. shit just sits at .48..
Also all my good help is gone back to other states so I have no help on street tune and couldnt anyway cause of all the SNOW.