Removing stuck oil filter

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
I've done the screwdriver stab job ,....Estimated 10/15 years the oil filter on my old chevelle had been on there when I got my hands on her,..that was a fun job,lemme tell ya...collasped the damn thing with oil filter wrenches,...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I tried all the tools and they all suck so I switched to this.

You can take this bitch off with a wrench, so I will pay a little extra.

TypeR?

so did the op ever get the filter off and what did you do to get it off?????

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i work at a valvoline instant oil change. from below and integra its way easy to get to that stuff. but buy yourself a good band wrench, and that will work wonders. they are not that expensive either. but you can go more than one oil change on a filter, but i wouldnt do that too often.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Werd. Yea you guys need to be careful putting them on too tight. I'm pretty sure the newer motors don't have the oil filter adapters (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you do over-tighten them you're going to strip the threads and ruin you block. Yes that means kiss your motor goodbye.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I only use OEM mopar, but i did have one stick on me. a long screw driver in the center will break it free

Mr. Upscale

+1 There are tools for this! And as has been posted already, make sure and oil up the filter before putting it on next time.

It is highly recommended to change the filter everytime you change the oil. Your car isn't going to break down from not changing the filter, but again it is highly recommended. A filter can only hold so much debris and you don't want to be ruining brand new oil by running it through a used filter everytime.