Replacement radiators

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
my oem radiator is copper. i heard it was even better than the full size alum. aftermarket ones.- or at least the same. i was thinkin about getting it out, pinsize hole, but after i heard this, i decided to leave it in.

what do you guys think?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
my oem radiator is copper. i heard it was even better than the full size alum. aftermarket ones.- or at least the same. i was thinkin about getting it out, pinsize hole, but after i heard this, i decided to leave it in.

what do you guys think?
this thread has been jacked

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

what do you guys think?
if you have a hole you can use pepper or an egg

what do you guys think?
Someone was lying to you.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
that's what i figured. no way the oem copper ones work just as good as an all alluminum one that costs twice as much.

mirrorimg

Im going to run my leaky system until I find a good deal on a used radiator. I dont want to spend $200 on a full aluminum radiator. I cant justify that price for my application.

mirrorimg

He left his phone number on Vadriven. I will call him tomorrow and low ball it.

Someone else showed interest right after I posted in his thread, so I may not be able to lowball him too much.

Its a Fluidyne, so I should be able to keep my stock fans.

codeman_11901

a copper oem one should work better than an aluminum radiator. aluminum has a heat transfer rate of about 60% so it cools and dissipates heat really fast. copper has a heat transfer rate of 100%. it also has 100% conductivity, thats why we use copper wiring, not aluminum.