rockadilla's Infiniti thread :evil:

gs300cky

^^^ natron you just got the win for your horrible cruel past life but enough about the gay skylines lets just admire the G baller ok? cars are cars and they all have sub models and not all of em are famous or loved but it is what it is so screw it and lets just hate the losers who ditch integras for fancier faster cars :D
i would love to see how your g does with my new baby actually. i didnt get the fancy paddle shiters just the tiptronic gs350

speedin

The Transporter
Im just going to re-quote this because apparently you missed the important parts, so I shortened it for you and for cliffs just read the bold.

Simple fact is this, the Skyline progressed through the model years gaining huge respect for its sporting capabilities. Not its wagons. When the 350GT came out they turned their back on that community with their only sport offering being a dressed up 350Z. Never had the Skyline brand been nothing more then a dolled up Z. Thankfully they spared the GTR model name for that generation. But the 350GT was still a regression from previous models and the Skyline name. The G isnt a Skyline, it just isnt. I could care less what badging Nissan put on the car. That car is just a dressed up Z.

V35=G

The V35 broke with Skyline tradition. There was no straight-6, no turbo, and no GT-R, a decision which extended to all later Skylines. The intention had been for the model to use a different name, a decision reversed by Renault/Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn.[26] who choose to gear the V35 towards the luxury-sport market. Billing the 350Z as a pure sports car,

They geared that model toward the luxury sport model, in other words they made it luxurious, if the previous car was luxurious this wouldnt have been necessary, like I said the Skyline really wasnt a luxury brand.

Essentially what the Skyline encompassed died with the V35. They decided to make a new luxury model, but instead of giving it a new name they simply stole the Skyline name to ride to coat tails of its history. To keep the sport brand alive they had to then make the R35 its own model (GTR) and no longer give it the Skyline name.

imo, that means the G should be the piss on the grave of the Skyline name. Im glad at least the US got it as its own new model (G) biased off the Z (which it truly was). I have nothing against the G, its a nice car. But to call it a Skyline was wrong. They just stole the brand name overseas to boost sales riding on the name plates history. Much like we had over here with the Charger nameplate.

rockadilla

thats right.
^^^ natron you just got the win for your horrible cruel past life but enough about the gay skylines lets just admire the G baller ok? cars are cars and they all have sub models and not all of em are famous or loved but it is what it is so screw it and lets just hate the losers who ditch integras for fancier faster cars :D
i would love to see how your g does with my new baby actually. i didnt get the fancy paddle s***ers just the tiptronic gs350
Thanks bro!! Lol yeah I looked at a couple gs lexas' but im glad I picked up my G :D

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
This argument is dumb. lol.

nice G, def debadge the trunk, looks so much cleaner. as for all the smoked look, i thought it matched the car/ rims well. as long as you didn't lose functionality i would have kept it.

Why take an already sexy car and swap it back to stock? its not like its riced out and NEEDS to go back to stock.

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah ive had about 7 people say they liked the blacked-out look better, its just a preference thing i guess, i didnt really dig the look of the smoked lights tho so i wanted to change it, and its not like it cost me any money, i straight traded the guy for his lights. i personally like it a lot better now. even tho i will admit now the wheels are looking kinda lopsided being the only black/ dark grey things on the car, but it doesnt look bad IMO it just could look better i think with different wheels

im probably buying different headlights and some LED interior lighting next. I just gotta be happy with the cheap things till i get the car paid off lol so far besides gas which is hella expensive cuz it apparently NEEDS premium ive only spent $90 on it and it looks completely different from when i bought it.

gs300cky

keep us posted :D so what convinced yoyu between the gs and your g?

rockadilla

thats right.
keep us posted :D so what convinced yoyu between the gs and your g?
pretty much the price, the way it looks and that the G35 is a little faster in the get go. I like how the GS300 CAN look (when its dumped and VIP'd out) but i like the G35's looks even relatively stock. plus i have no use for 4 doors even tho i really wouldnt mind the rear doors its just not neccisary when i have maybe 1 passenger 2 or 3 times a month MAX
that being said the ride quality in the GS300 i test drove was a lot better then the ride in my G, but thats something i dont really care about coming straight from a slammed Acura lol
I actually wanted a g35 over a teg
Wanna trade? :)
Lol jk i love my teg now but i still like the G

actually to be honest i miss my teg a lot, in hindsight i should probably just kept it for another couple years, cuz i was happy with it, and the car i wanted when i sold my teg i ended up not being able to buy :( so really i kinda wanna say i got stuck having to "upgrade" to an expensive car (for me) or buy another teg or another cheaper car and downgrade, so i ended up going with the "upgrade" that is leaving me broke for a year or 2 :( LOL!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I was curious what happened to you, and saw your signature floating around with your new car in it.. didnt realize it at first though, but its nice. Definitely looked good with the smoked stuff, since it was painted, I would have just kept it, but hey, its not my car

As for the pussy argument above, it doesnt even say Skyline anywhere on it for one thing.. The earlier models pictured above actually are called Skyline, so thats a big difference. The G35 just isnt a Skyline, its that simple. I've had similar arguments about the GTR, and that its not part of the Skyline round up, but now I may have just been confused because the G35 coupe and GTR are similar with the body style. meh, regardless, its like replacing the "Acura" badge with a "Honda" badge.. When someone asks you what it is, you wouldnt say "Honda Integra"

Anyways the pussy arguments are a waste of time. Nice pick up though. I may join you with the Nissan club.. I'm trying to find a legit Skyline.. And by that, I mean R32-R34

rockadilla

thats right.
I was curious what happened to you, and saw your signature floating around with your new car in it.. didnt realize it at first though, but its nice. Definitely looked good with the smoked stuff, since it was painted, I would have just kept it, but hey, its not my car

As for the pussy argument above, it doesnt even say Skyline anywhere on it for one thing.. The earlier models pictured above actually are called Skyline, so thats a big difference. The G35 just isnt a Skyline, its that simple. I've had similar arguments about the GTR, and that its not part of the Skyline round up, but now I may have just been confused because the G35 coupe and GTR are similar with the body style. meh, regardless, its like replacing the "Acura" badge with a "Honda" badge.. When someone asks you what it is, you wouldnt say "Honda Integra"

Anyways the pussy arguments are a waste of time. Nice pick up though. I may join you with the Nissan club.. I'm trying to find a legit Skyline.. And by that, I mean R32-R34
yep im still around once in a while, got 2 jobs again so my free time is limited to about 2 hours a week :( but whatever pays the bills i guess... and it will look better if i get different wheels IMO, i like these but they kinda throw the car off a little, but that wont happen for awhile unless somebody wants to striaght trade randomly lol