ROTY:NemesisCBR

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
More what?

nice retrofit.

Check mine out.
Oh sweet i dont recall seeing a retro in your build but admittedly i spent the most time looking at your motor build. :mrgreen:

Its easy to misjudge a motor based just on a dyno sheet especially if you havent seen a lot of comparisons in person or familiarity with parts. Took me a lot of research and personal data to better inform myself. Of the dynos in la and sheets on the internet ive seen Raceline is one of the most accurate (dynojet). My first time there was a dyno day and a lot of the numbers for stock cars were almost on que for where they should be. Theres always gonna be variables like motor health etc. My car is definately not tuned so there could be some more power to be had. Elton (owner/tuner) said not much.. my a/f was not that bad with the type r ecu. Also strip away the mod list and this is basically all i have performance wise: itr cams, intake, manifold, header and exhaust. i/h/e + cams. Now compare what i have with what a stock type r has. Cams and exhaust alone gave me 20whp 10tq. The intake manifold only added about 3-4whp. I have dynos for each upgrade for recorded data. Tuning might land me at 180 and im hoping it does. Future header change closer to 185. Well.. i should upgrade header first lol.

Ive also compared sheets on gsr motors with less motor mods and similar numbers but when it comes to dyno sheets, comparing x state and with another physical dyno even if the same kind doesnt make for a true comparison.

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn
I just thought Ive seen tuned GSRs with i/h/e and intake manifold making just over 200. Maybe no tho.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Cars with 200whp do not have a Honda cam. Some dynos like dynopack tend to be a bit more liberal because they ready hp at the axle and not the wheel. Some will compensate for that with math, but others won't. Midnight in Sacramento tends to read a tad higher. As far as I know, DnR in the Bay Area is representative of actual whp.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Its a 98 spec oem type r 4-1 but i think its the same design as the jdm dc 4-1?

I just thought Ive seen tuned GSRs with i/h/e and intake manifold making just over 200. Maybe no tho.
Thats impossible to make on a stock gsr cam and bolt ons. Bone stock gsrs make 140-150whp. IHE frees up an additional 8-12 depending on the setup. If i was on a dynapack id be close to 200whp so again you need to look at the dyno that was used each time you look at a graph. Dynapacks read high, dynojets lean towards accuracy and mustangs read low.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Stock itr is 170ish whp :mrgreen: Now i know what youre doing. Youre mistaking the factory power ratings as whp. I suspected this but wasnt sure. Ive seen dynos on stock itr's from 160-175whp. If you do the math for powertrain loss thats around 195hp crank.