Running Hot

travistrouble

It wouldn't surprise me if the timing is off because the previous owner managed to mess everything else about this car up. Do I need to go have the TPS calibrated? When I push the throttle at low speeds it is hesitant to accelerate and feels kind of "bogged down" but I don't know if that's related.

4banga

Pressure test the system. Do you have a stock intake? When I bought my car I had a coolant issue that took 2pressure checks before I could find it turns out the coolant tube off the block had a bad o ring. One of the coolant lines was also bypassed because skunk2 intake and it blew a pin hole that was hard to see. Good luck

Cman46290

agreed... do a coolant pressure test.. rule out that you have a leak.

When you replaced all of the hoses, and topped off the coolant... did you make sure to get all of the air out of the cooling system?

travistrouble

how much would a pressure test run me? And I had a buddy from work help with the hoses because I'm still in the learning process of working on cars but I'm sure he did get the air out, I hope so at least.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well there should be a bleeder valve on your thermostat housing. Just open that while it's running to let any excess air out.