running wires from the engine bay to the inside of the car

DA9 teggy

whats up clubintegra i need help because im trying to install my sound system in my DA, but there is no visual ithat i can run the power wire all the way to the back... if someone can help me out thanks

DA9 teggy

no there isnt thats why its wierd to me ive installed it in my old ek and cr-v and it did have it but this DA dosent

j13

Keep It Clean
check for black rubber grommets, pull them and you have a clean looking hole for a hot wire. you can also poke a hole in the grommet and run the wire thru, it will look cleaner

DagoAcura92

If you have a 5 speed with a/c you don't have any rubber grommets to poke through. There's a spot on the passenger side to drill (make sure you use a plastic grommet). It's where the slanted part of the floor board meets up with the verticle part firewall, near the ac evaporator / blower motor. Cut the foam to reveal metal. Sorry I don't have pics. Space is large enough for one 4ga wire.

Last edited:

DA9 teggy

If you have a 5 speed with a/c you don't have any rubber grommets to poke through. There's a spot on the passenger side to drill (make sure you use a plastic grommet). It's where the slanted part of the floor board meets up with the verticle part firewall, near the ac evaporator / blower motor. Cut the foam to reveal metal. Sorry I don't have pics. Space is large enough for one 4ga wire.
Is the plastic grommet already there or do i have to buy one and i drill the whole threw the inside of the car or the engine bay? because threw the engine bay i cant see it

hidenplanvew

or go throught the fender to the rubber that the wires from the door run into the car... or just move your battery to your trunk

DagoAcura92

You have to buy the grommet. You do drill from the inside and end up right behind the charcoal canister in the engine bay. It might've been a good idea for me to tell you to remove the canister but at time of typing I forgot.

If you moved the battery to the trunk how are you gonna run the wire back into the engine bay? Run the wire underneath the car?

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Dago, I have air conditioning and a five speed.
There is a rubber plug under the master cylinder on the drivers side. Cut a hole through it. :thumbs up

DagoAcura92

Dago, I have air conditioning and a five speed.
There is a rubber plug under the master cylinder on the drivers side. Cut a hole through it. :thumbs up
I probably never saw it because it is so low in the bay, so that means its below the brake pedal?

DA9 teggy

Just finished doign the wiring thanks again, alittle but tight to get to get under the master cylinder but got it threw thanks for all your help everybody:p