Samurai Blue's Integra Build

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Heat expands and cold contracts. In this case that degree of cold may be enough to make it easier. Wouldnt have thought to do that myself, not without researching if u can damage anything by doing so. Good tip.

Swapping the miles counter or changing the numbers, either one requires you to remove the needled? Theres always the chance you could put it on wrong no? Pulled needles on my civic once, i risked it. Almost thought i was gonna break something when removing.

Local

Also curious about the mileage.. Would eventually like to swap my cluster but keep an accurate mileage counter. Do tell!

Nick_C78

You can move each digit individually with a screw driver. Just click it up or down as desired. Just be gentle so you dont break any of the gears and you'll be ok.

And yes, I am aware that cold temperature causes shrinkage lol. Just didn't think a basic house freezer would be cold enough to contract metal a noticeable amount.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I drove around without any plastic on my cluster and a fork in my car and adjusted it. I just drove by rpms and got it right after my second adjustment.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Although i dont see why mph would truely be off if ur careful about putting it back on while off cus u know its gonna be at zero. U just gotta see if its accurate once driving. Which is what i did on my civic. My fuel gauge was off slightly and so was my temp but barely enough to not know what it is. Rpm was fairly simple just knowing what it idles at but after that time its just not something i wanted to potentially have wrong. I like things working the way they should exactly. I do want a itr gauge though but its not yet important enough. I dont even need the 8.5k redline marker and im doing something with my stock cluster anyway. Its just cool cus its a itr cluster and in mph from the factory!

XjoEnX

I know how to do it without removing the needles. It's pretty easy. It's how I set my current cluster to match my mileage. I would write a DIY if it weren't illegal.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I should remove my DIY how to swap to a jdm cat. =P jk I'll hit u up on fb about it later for some details. It'll help me decide if i even want to buy another cluster. Im in the process of jazzing up my gsr cluster now so i should be happy with the result.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Finished up the trailing arms today, if anyone was wondering why it took so long is because, i literally only worked on the car for a few hours a night...like two. and yesterday i only knocked out the bushing.

freezing the bushings actually helped a lot, and a nice coating of wd40 around the outter collar. The hardest part was actually getting the bushing to go into the trailing arm.

Buddy Club P1 camber kit installed as well. just need to do an alignment now.

So yesterday while i was working my dad asked if i ordered wheels and i said "yeah why" and he said they were here and i said "wtf...already?" i had only ordered them monday.

These will be wrapped in a Toyo Proxy RA1 205/50/15

Swerve

Shawn
You can move each digit individually with a screw driver. Just click it up or down as desired. Just be gentle so you dont break any of the gears and you'll be ok.

And yes, I am aware that cold temperature causes shrinkage lol. Just didn't think a basic house freezer would be cold enough to contract metal a noticeable amount.
Im gunna change mine down to 140k instead of 240k so I feel better :lol: