Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
No problem. I guess people got wigged out when i went to a local meet last friday. According to my friend this was said:
You should of seen peoples faces when you rolled up at the meet lmao "this guy is bringing out a track car, we going home" lmao
I felt a bit like brian spilner going to the meet since the people i were with brought a prius.

Nick_C78

Thats funny. Your car draws a lot of attention at meets huh. You need to be getting them 2:05 and under lap times man and then you will really turn heads. Having a cool looking fast car is one thing. Now you just need to complete the combo and have the time sheets to throw in their face too. I wanna see you hit 2:10 by december at BW 13 and Thunderhill. Get good video so we can review it. Video helps a lot.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
we went from a 2:10 on here to a 2:05 on FB?

No you kind of dont understand these meets, its a bunch of kids who want to go street racing. Its the meet before the races. I just showed up one day with Patrick and our friend Red. Im not going to get to a 2:10 at thunderhill this year. Dont really care if i get there next year. Everyone learns at a different rate, and I dont really care to set fast times, I rather just learn something new and have fun.

gsr_nikhil

No you kind of dont understand these meets, its a bunch of kids who want to go street racing. Its the meet before the races. I just showed up one day with Patrick and our friend Red. Im not going to get to a 2:10 at thunderhill this year. Dont really care if i get there next year. Everyone learns at a different rate, and I dont really care to set fast times, I rather just learn something new and have fun.
That last part....couldn't agree more

Nick_C78

I will take a 2:10, but a 2:05 is easily what that car is capable of with Damien, Donut, Tom Attack, Tony Jackson, etc driving it. Probably even faster than that. For sure faster with better dampers.

Yeah all meets are different I suppose. Kids will be kids.

Oh come on man, you can't tell me you don't care about getting faster. You said you want to learn. Learning means to gain knowledge and improve. Thus you do want to improve lap times and get faster otherwise you earned/gained nothing. You also keep making your car more and more like an aggressive race car. Why do that if you don't care about lap times, for attention? I do completely agree about having fun. Having fun is #1, why else do it. And yeah man, learn at a pace you are comfortable with, but don't sit here and try to pass it off like you aren't faster because you don't care. I am not trying to talk shit about you being slow. I am just saying I want to see you get faster. I want to see all of us improve.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I just rather focus on learning than focus on finding time. It's not a priority for me. If I learn ill go faster. I have time to get faster. I'm in no rush. :) we just have different philosophies on things.

on a side note

threw my stereo into my odyssey and its so much better to have a deck in there now. Its awesome. No more dumb songs on the radio.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Out of curiosity, what are you focusing on learning exactly? Isn't everything we learn ultimately to find time?

Different philosophies? Nah, we both have the same mission, which is to have fun with the homies. And occasionally bust each others balls, since thats what guys do. As for philosophies on technique? Maybe. I want to be fast, you want to look fast. <3 I want you to look fast and be fast. And if I am a dick for saying that, so be it. It was said with love.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ive been trying to learn racecraft. But its hard to learn at a track day. And consistency. I really want to learn consistency. Also line choise.

redGSRguy

Video will help you a lot in those goals.
Damn track days getting serious! I am looking to get a camera to pick up some feedback after the track day. Anything anyone recommends? I am looking at Harry's laptimer/ram mount/GoPoint BT1 and maybe the XGPS150A down the line. Saw that they are building some GoPro 3 integration into the app which could be nice.

I am open to some cheaper alternatives tho.