Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Post Track Day Debrief:

Saturday I ran a 2:25.63 over the bypass in my second session, which I was happy about, because i think i could have dropped it more in the 3rd session if my distributor decided it wanted to work. I had sputtering issues, and weird things going on. Decided to pull in my 4th session. Packed up and went back home. Luckily my buddies Mikey and james were able to help me with my distributor problems and took time out of their day to get me another dizzy. That was really awesome of them. I got back to the track the next day and didnt run anything fast, but started to look for different places to do things, like brake, and tried new lines into different corners. I think i need to work on Turn 2-4 a bit better. Especially 2. 9 I need to brake later for, i found myself overslowing the car. Overall had a blast. Hung out with new people. it was awesome.

Nick_C78

From when I got a ride along with you it seems like the thing you can gain the most from is using the throttle. I know BW is different than thill, but you were half throttle and even braking in areas you could have been wide open. I think what it comes down to is you knowing that it is ok to go wide open there. Work on your line and braking points of course, but try to find out where you can go wide open. Make that your priority. That is where you will gain the most and find out the most about your car.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
From when I got a ride along with you it seems like the thing you can gain the most from is using the throttle. I know BW is different than thill, but you were half throttle and even braking in areas you could have been wide open. I think what it comes down to is you knowing that it is ok to go wide open there. Work on your line and braking points of course, but try to find out where you can go wide open. Make that your priority. That is where you will gain the most and find out the most about your car.
:thumbs up I think its mainly at turn 2-6 at thunderhill. I can for sure mess with throttle in those areas. Also although i was braking later i felt like i was going through turns 1,9,10 a lot slower. So i have to adjust that a bit. And i think 14, i can play with as well. Justin gave me a few good hints on that, as well as Spetterro (Elliot)

Nick_C78

Sounds good man. Don't worry about your braking points yet. Mostly because your braking points are going to change the faster you get. So logically it wouldn't make sense to have set braking points.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Sounds good man. Don't worry about your braking points yet. Mostly because your braking points are going to change the faster you get. So logically it wouldn't make sense to have set braking points.
To me it helps a bit since Thunderhill has little reflector things on the outside of the corners for the 25 hour. I just happened to notice i was braking towards the middle one instead of the first one this time.

Nick_C78

Yeah that is all fine and dandy for now, but when you start going faster those breaking points might not be ideal or even safe.