Samurai Blue's Integra Build

treeafodo

Austin
I haven't gone through the entire thread yet, but I was wondering how you deleted your ps set up. Looped? Did you put a breather in or no?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I haven't gone through the entire thread yet, but I was wondering how you deleted your ps set up. Looped? Did you put a breather in or no?
i originally just bypassed the pump, ran the high pressure hose to the reservoir. Job done, easy and simple. Then it decided it was annoying so i looped it. Theres a barbed fitting that fits in the rack just get a hose off the PS system thats a U (GSRs dont have it, only LS and RS) shape, slap it together, put some fluid in....JOB DONE! the looping made the steering a bit lighter.

treeafodo

Austin
i originally just bypassed the pump, ran the high pressure hose to the reservoir. Job done, easy and simple. Then it decided it was annoying so i looped it. Theres a barbed fitting that fits in the rack just get a hose off the PS system thats a U (GSRs dont have it, only LS and RS) shape, slap it together, put some fluid in....JOB DONE! the looping made the steering a bit lighter.
Ok, thanks. I was just curious. I just bought the barb fitting I need, so I'll tackle that job sometime soon.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would probably prefer to have the PS its tiring without it. Its a double edged sword IMO. You get better road feel, but the car becomes physically demanding especially if youre tracking the car.

treeafodo

Austin
i would probably prefer to have the PS its tiring without it. Its a double edged sword IMO. You get better road feel, but the car becomes physically demanding especially if youre tracking the car.
I'm going to loop it, but keep all the components, including lines, in for a little bit to see what I think about it. I'm wanting to loop it because I feel I get no feedback from the car at all.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you get a lot the biggest thing ive noticed is the way i had to adjust to driving. Its really up to you, i think for a street car you get a lot of feed back. but with a track car, it would be a better idea to go with a civic manual rack with the m factory guts.

treeafodo

Austin
you get a lot the biggest thing ive noticed is the way i had to adjust to driving. Its really up to you, i think for a street car you get a lot of feed back. but with a track car, it would be a better idea to go with a civic manual rack with the m factory guts.
Why's that? Doesn't the integra rack have the quickest ratio?

One more thing, when you removed your tints did you only use the heat gun?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
for my tint i used a heat gun and a rod bearing to get it started on the triangle windows. it was the closest thing to me.

The civic rack with the m factory guts will make it the same.

Nick_C78

The civic rack with the m factory guts will make it the same.
MFactory makes steering rack guts? Are you sure? I am pretty sure they don't. I believe you are thinking of quaife... That isn't a very cost effect mod to swap to aftermarket guts anyways. Just loop it and hit the gym.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
MFactory makes steering rack guts? Are you sure? I am pretty sure they don't. I believe you are thinking of quaife... That isn't a very cost effect mod to swap to aftermarket guts anyways. Just loop it and hit the gym.
yeah quaife one of the LSD people

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Here are some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXIUCumUMs
8/10 2nd session of the day. My dizzy died the sessions after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUYMXGS4XlE
8/11 my car understeered like a pig wasnt too happy with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uYNq8fBOwM
8/30 must have hit so many things my car because super drivable or i started to trail brake...idk if i do. Everything just seemed to be working that day.

I know i have improvements to make in the following areas:
1. faster entry and a more consistent entry i try to late apex it and square off the corner more.
2. enter in faster, brake later
5. Once the car reaches max compression (G out) keep your foot down for dear life!
8. FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11. try second, but probably a 3rd gear corner
14/15 FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96LSteg

Jemel
Couple questions...

Was the first lap you getting use to the track/warming tires and then everything after that was run and fun?

Why is it that you "allow" cars to pass you? Are you not racing?

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My out laps are slow in the first 2/3 of the track because my tires are cold. And, track was still cold to me. I let people by because its a track day. I'm not racing for position, I'm out there to have fun like everyone else. Everyone goes out at their own pace and we all let each other by. Track days and racing are two different things. Ill let everyone by if they want to pass. I typically don't give the apex away. If they want to pass they can work for it. If its someone I know like zawn, nick4dei ill let them work a bit harder but they both know ill let them through. W2w racing and track days are different.