Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Nick_C78

If its someone I know like zawn, nick4dei ill let them work a bit harder but they both know ill let them through.
I'll remember that next time and just not wait for a point by. Sound good for you too Zawn? :p

I will watch those videos tomorrow Dylan and see if I can give some pointers. Watching the videos alone though should help you out a lot. Being able to watch yourself is very very helpful. You may even be like me and end up asking yourself, "Why the hell was I doing that all day?"

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I'll remember that next time and just not wait for a point by. Sound good for you too Zawn? :p

I will watch those videos tomorrow Dylan and see if I can give some pointers. Watching the videos alone though should help you out a lot. Being able to watch yourself is very very helpful. You may even be like me and end up asking yourself, "Why the hell was I doing that all day?"
Oh yeah. But hindsight is always 20/20. I'm pretty sure your conclusions will be the same as mine. You're always welcome to dive bomb me spettero always does it. Fucking guy.

Nick_C78

Yeah, usually it is pretty obvious what you are doing wrong when you get to watch it.

Hah maybe. If we run in the same level. Im not sure how much longer I am going to be in level 3. I am getting a little irritated with the lack of point bys in level 3. People think they are better than they really are and like to hold faster people up. It isn't racing god damnit!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
For NCRC I'm in the second highest run group (they have 4) just because they give point bys. The on track curtsy is way better than the one Patrick runs in. I'm a back marker in the group but I give and get the respect everyone likes on a track day.

XjoEnX

Yeah, usually it is pretty obvious what you are doing wrong when you get to watch it.

Hah maybe. If we run in the same level. Im not sure how much longer I am going to be in level 3. I am getting a little irritated with the lack of point bys in level 3. People think they are better than they really are and like to hold faster people up. It isn't racing god damnit!
Drive past them and point them by, then don't let them pass. Fight irritating situations by creating your own for the irritant. :)

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Or do what Elliot does and dive bomb everyone. Fuck. If I see his car behind me I don't even fight it. Although when he passed me in our friends miata I tried. But the exhaust was too fucking loud I couldn't hear my car

MrGurley

************5-0
D quick question, I remember you saying you were running the same throttle body I am, did you ever have an issue with it "sticking" at low rmps? every now and then when Im cruising in a high gear/ low rpm it kinda shuts for a second or something, im not sure if its just the new cable or the throttle body itself breaking in and just needs to be adjusted?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
D quick question, I remember you saying you were running the same throttle body I am, did you ever have an issue with it "sticking" at low rmps? every now and then when Im cruising in a high gear/ low rpm it kinda shuts for a second or something, im not sure if its just the new cable or the throttle body itself breaking in and just needs to be adjusted?
I have an issue where the cable won't retract when it's hotter out. So it doesn't want to engine brake or it idles a bit higher and I have to lift up on the gas pedal. It might be my throttle cable though.

Nick_C78

Lube your throttle cable dylan. 3 in 1 oil should work nicely.

Gurley, it sounds like you have to adjust the butterfly, or rather the little screw that controls how much it closes(should be located around the spring). Sounds like it is closing too much and getting wedged.

That TB is just a reference, but the screw is int he same place. Keep in mind you will have to recalibrate your TPS after doing that. Oh and don't go too much to where it makes it stay open.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah that bolt on the tb is a bit weird. Skunk2 sends their tb with weird default settings. Just play with that screw.

Will do nick thanks!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
so Im pretty sure i diagnosed my problem with my water temp gauge. I dont think its grounding out in the adapter plate because of teflon tape. Need to fix that. Also going to work on a few projects like door cards.