Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

So my cars just been hanging out at the shop the last few weeks.

The other day my buddy Mikey came over to test fit my end links on his car. He wanted to know if a DC sway bar fit on his Ek. They fit. It was getting late and we didnt want to pull them off, he decided to purchase me some new end links. So here he is helping me install them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Thanks.

Things to do before the next track day:
Add coolant to my coolant system
Fix water temp gauge (finally tracked down the problem)
change tires
align
oil
replace plugs

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It is the best man, kinda pricey for daily driven oil but it's worth it. Best protection for startup, highest phosphorus and zinc levels without using racing oil, excellent high temp stability, and ends up shearing down to a 30w anyway. The fact that Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes call for it in just about their entire lineup should say something as well.

Cars looking good man, you're really at it.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I bought some already, before I asked. Haven't changed it in yet but I got the AutoZone deal with it so it was the same price as Mobil1 5w30 with the Bosch filter. Sounds good because ill be doing track next year with a mix up of autocross.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It is the best man, kinda pricey for daily driven oil but it's worth it. Best protection for startup, highest phosphorus and zinc levels without using racing oil, excellent high temp stability, and ends up shearing down to a 30w anyway. The fact that Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes call for it in just about their entire lineup should say something as well.

Cars looking good man, you're really at it.
Thanks, Greg! Its pretty much going to sit as is right now. Im just going to do more HPDE track days and do the competitions that conjoin themselves with the track days like HFF and VTEC Club. And, per the rules of HFF i cant do anything to the car if i want to stay in my class which is fine with me. In vtec club, im underclassed. Ill start considering aero depending on how fast i run at button in december. If i get to a 2:12 range, i might start thinking about a splitter and a wing. Or at least source splitter brackets.

Main reason behind doing the time attacks like hff is because its free, and im already there.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So yesterday, I did some work on my car.

The autometer A pillar gauge pod i use sagged a bit inwards due to the weight of the gauges. I decided to use some extra anchor tabs which come with the gauge pod to connect it to your A pillar garnish to keep it from sagging. It worked! I can actually see a bit more since its not falling, and you cant see the gauges' light from the front of the car.

Need to tackle the grounding issue with my water temp gauge next.

Nick_C78

Ill start considering aero depending on how fast i run at button in december. If i get to a 2:12 range, i might start thinking about a splitter and a wing. Or at least source splitter brackets.
Don't make the mistake of getting aero too early. A lot of people do it, but it takes away from learning. Ideally you don't want to get aero crazy until 2:02(at BW) and less. You simply don't need it.

Nice work on getting the gauge pod corrected.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Don't make the mistake of getting aero too early. A lot of people do it, but it takes away from learning. Ideally you don't want to get aero crazy until 2:02(at BW) and less. You simply don't need it.

Nice work on getting the gauge pod corrected.
dont worry. i have no plans of getting a wing or making a splitter yet. Its not important to me and i dont have like 2 grand to spend on one lol!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thanks, Greg! Its pretty much going to sit as is right now. Im just going to do more HPDE track days and do the competitions that conjoin themselves with the track days like HFF and VTEC Club. And, per the rules of HFF i cant do anything to the car if i want to stay in my class which is fine with me. In vtec club, im underclassed. Ill start considering aero depending on how fast i run at button in december. If i get to a 2:12 range, i might start thinking about a splitter and a wing. Or at least source splitter brackets.

Main reason behind doing the time attacks like hff is because its free, and im already there.
I wonder why you chose "2:12.xxx" as your goal... :rolf: