Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
:mrgreen:3:00 club !!! :mrgreen: :what:

:headbang:
You will be faster than that! I ran faster at thunderhill in the rain my first time there.

Things to do this weekend:
fix water temp gauge

reasons why im prepping so early is because im going to Austin TX next week and want to get everything done before. Justin at Ground Control aka my partner at my shop will be taking care of alignments at his workplace. I also want to leave time so we can finish up the aero package for the Miata.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So last week I got some minor work on the Integra done

Grounded out my water temp gauge temporarily. Going to do something more permanent in a week.

Went to ICB with Matt and met the owner Matthew Ye who gave us a tour of the facility. all i can say is wow.

While there i picked up some Spoon Sports products. I love Spoon, and was needing to replace some things.

Got a new shift knob, drain plugs and radiator stays. I totally think with my shifter a lighter knob is the way to go vs a heavy one.

treeafodo

Austin
Did you take any pictures inside the ICB warehouse? Nice pick ups, I want to get the drain plugs before my next oil change.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So i thought i was done with my track prep aside from alignment etc. But turns out that I needed to change my timing belt. I guess every track day adds roughly 5k of wear and tear on your car. So, it was time to change mine after 2 years of use.PS i was using a duralast belt or an AC Delco one before.

All new Honda stuff

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yup. Turns out I wasted a bunch of money buying all this. Theres a shop that had everything from Honda's suppliers down the street that had the whole kit for like $120. They lied about what timing belt they had when I called. They had the good stuff in stock they just didnt tell me.

Nick_C78

The trick is to get a Gates Blue kevlar timing belt. Thats the only belt I will ever use. It gives an extreme amount of confidence that it isn't going to fail. OEM Nylon makes me sketched out.

Nick_C78

Not just the miles, but the sustained high RPM. Mine is 2 years old though. It doesn't need replacing, but I might change it, just so it is blue again. All of my motor swaps have made it black.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Not just the miles, but the sustained high RPM. Mine is 2 years old though. It doesn't need replacing, but I might change it, just so it is blue again. All of my motor swaps have made it black.
I think i might go with the gates next time. This repair kind of snuck up on me, i was advised to change it, plus its a duralast belt...so yeah.