Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
How does this header compare to the DC sports stainless steel 4-1 2.5" one?
better in every way. The DC JDM spec is based off the JDM itr header. This Alpha header is based off the Megapower header. Its supposedly the same thing according to a few dynos ive seen, makes descent power over the OEM JDM header and compares quite well with its peer group ( replicas)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Second Impressions

Header comparison (left is the DC 4-1 right is the Skunk2)

Detail of DC

Test Pipe and Skunk

o2

Im kind of bummed i didnt get a picture of it before i drove it. It looked kind of cool but it looks cooler now lol. Stainless steel changes color after a certain temp. So its gold now. Oh and my second impressions. Its a good header, the PLM test pipes fit with it if you take a section out. It got rid of that annoying bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at 3k it actually made my car sound deeper in tone i think, not sure since i just put my SRI back on and that made cool deep sounds. I havent put my CAI on because of the storm here, but i did get on it a bit in 4th gear to see how it sounded at WOT and according to my butt dyno VTEC was noticeably louder, you could bearly hear it on the old set up with the cai. So Im excited to see the new numbers April 6th.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
S2 Alpha's have a closely resembles Spoon header, i see why you choose them now

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The Alpha is a Try Y header which is slightly different from a 4-2-1 which is what Spoon uses.
This header would be closer to a Hytech or obviously a Megapower

Kyle

Did your old header delete the cat? I wonder if you could pull the dents out? I know you can on dirt bike headers.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
The Alpha is a Try Y header which is slightly different from a 4-2-1 which is what Spoon uses.
This header would be closer to a Hytech or obviously a Megapower
true, how flush are they to the oil pan, and away from the floor?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Did your old header delete the cat? I wonder if you could pull the dents out? I know you can on dirt bike headers.
im not sure if you can or cant. This header "deletes the cat" because its a race header. By "deleting the cat" they mean your stock cat wont fit. All US integras had a 2" inlet not a 2.5" inlet so that "deletes the cat" i think the mid pipe would be shortened if you wanted to use a cat. But thats about it, it comes with a flange and it so a universal cat should work if you needed one.