shaking when accelerating

EF9Tuning

when i first got my car it was very low. It would shake in 1st 2nd and a little in 3rd.When i raised the car up about 1.5 inch to 2.0 inch and it stoped. Now i lowered the car again and it shakes again any suggestions?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Check your outer cv joints. Put your car in a full lock turn to the left and the right (slowly) with the windows down and listen for a clicking sound coming from the wheels.

EF9Tuning

There brand new axles I put in there. it only does it when the car is lowered more then 2 inches

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Well go look at how the axle bends when it's that low. you're putting a lot more stress on that outer CV joint than is normal. When it's lowered a lot, the power transfer does not occur directly on the joint, but rather on the lower and outer parts of it, which isn't as structurally sound. If you're using NAPA crappy chinese axles you will tear one of those up really fast. I did it in less than two months lol

Campanelli

OMG it has VTEC?
if it were his lugs it would shake all the time. its stress that he is applying when he lowers it.
One wheel of mine had all the lugs loose and it was not all the time. But I am sure it isn't the lugs, I was just saying thats a place to try

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
Maybe its your wheel bearings, grab the top and bottom of your wheel and pull back and forth, if it moves you have bad wheel bearings....this could cause a shake. Also, tie rods....

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^That would be more of a humming noise rather than a shake. I've seen what he is describing multiple times and it was due to the out cv joints. Could be the tie rods but the most common culprit is the axles.

EF9Tuning

Well go look at how the axle bends when it's that low. you're putting a lot more stress on that outer CV joint than is normal. When it's lowered a lot, the power transfer does not occur directly on the joint, but rather on the lower and outer parts of it, which isn't as structurally sound. If you're using NAPA crappy chinese axles you will tear one of those up really fast. I did it in less than two months lol

im gonna go with this. because the car was lowered it did it. Then when i raised it up it stopped then when i lowered it again it started.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Dude I've experienced it first hand on my car and seen it on a bunch of others. Plus Matt and Jim agree and they know what up :lol:

EF9Tuning

i know whats up too...I just thought it was weird because my hatch never did that and it was on a 3.75 in drop

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Haha I'm not saying you don't. Did you do some u-turns at full lock on both sides to test it yet? And/or have you heard any clicking when you turn?